Transport in regional science: The “death of distance” is premature
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Piet Rietveld & Roger Vickerman, 2003. "Transport in regional science: The “death of distance” is premature," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, pages 229-248.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keasey, Kevin & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike (ed.), 1997. "Corporate Governance: Economic and Financial Issues," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198289913.
- Scott W. Barnhart & M. Wayne Marr & Stuart Rosenstein, 1994. "Firm performance and board composition: Some new evidence," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 329-340, July/Augu.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Egger, Hartmut & Egger, Peter, 2007.
"Outsourcing and trade in a spatial world,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 441-470, November.
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2004. "Outsourcing and Trade in a Spatial World," CESifo Working Paper Series 1349, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2004. "Outsourcing and Trade in a Spatial World," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_025, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Don J. Webber & Michael Horswell, 2009. "Microeconomic foundations of geographical variations in labour productivity," Working Papers 0913, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Verma, Ashish & Sudhira, H.S. & Rathi, Sujaya & King, Robin & Dash, Nibedita, 2013. "Sustainable urbanization using high speed rail (HSR) in Karnataka, India," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 67-77.
- Vickerman, Roger, 2003.
"Transport in an Integrating Europe: Sustainable Development and Cohesion,"
INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH,
Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 3, pages 163-174.
- Roger Vickerman, 2003. "Transport in an Integrating Europe: Sustainable Development and Cohesion," ERSA conference papers ersa03p64, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional science; transport cost; transaction costs; death of distance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ecogov:v:83:y:2003:i:1:p:229-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .