Duality theory and cost function analysis in a regional context: the impact of public infrastructure capital in the Greek regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Antonis Rovolis & Nigel Spence, 1998. "Duality theory and cost function analysis in a regional context: the impact of public infrastructure capital in the Greek Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa98p465, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin, 1992. "Public-Sector Capital and the Productivity Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 4122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmit Shwartz & W. Erwin Diewert & Kevin J. Fox, 2014. "Consumer Benefits of Infrastructure Services," Discussion Papers 2014-17, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios, 1994. "Is government capital productive? Evidence from a panel of seven countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 271-279.
- John A. Tatom, 1991. "Public capital and private sector performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 3-15.
- Pinnoi, Nat, 1994. "Public infrastructure and private production measuring relative contributions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 127-148, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1990. "Why has productivity growth declined? Productivity and public investment," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 3-22.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, December.
- Ratner, Jonathan B., 1983. "Government capital and the production function for U.S. private output," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 213-217.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1990.
"How does public infrastructure affect regional economic performance?,"
Conference Series ; [Proceedings],
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 34, pages 69-112.
- Alicia H. Munnell & Leah M. Cook, 1990. "How does public infrastructure affect regional economic performance?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 11-33.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1993. "State-specific estimates of state and local government capital," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 185-209, April.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Bengt Hansson, 1991. "Measuring the Contribution of Public Infrastructure Capital in Sweden," NBER Working Papers 3842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Does public capital crowd out private capital?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 171-188, September.
- Nadiri, M Ishaq & Mamuneas, Theofanis P, 1994.
"The Effects of Public Infrastructure and R&D Capital on the Cost Structure and Performance of U.S. Manufacturing Industries,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 22-37, February.
- Nadiri, M. Ishaq & Mamuneas, Theofanis P., 1991. "The Effects of Public Infrastructure and R&D Capital on the Cost Structure and Performance of U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 91-57, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Theofanis P. Mamuneas, 1991. "The Effects of Public Infrastructure and R&D Capital on the Cost Structure and Performance of U.S. Manufacturing Industries," NBER Working Papers 3887, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garcia-Mila, Teresa & McGuire, Therese J., 1992.
"The contribution of publicly provided inputs to states' economies,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 229-241, June.
- Garcia-Mila, T. & Mcguire, T.J., 1988. "The Contribution Of Publicity Provided Inputs To The State'S Economies," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 115-89, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Garcia-Mila, Teresa & McGuire, Therese J & Porter, Robert H, 1996.
"The Effect of Public Capital in State-Level Production Functions Reconsidered,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 177-180, February.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire & Robert H. Porter, 1993. "The effect of public capital in state-level production functions reconsidered," Economics Working Papers 36, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Seitz, Helmut, 1994. "Public capital and the demand for private inputs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 287-307, June.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- David Alan Aschauer, 1989. "Public investment and productivity growth in the Group of Seven," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 13(Sep), pages 17-25.
- Morrison, Catherine J & Schwartz, Amy Ellen, 1996. "State Infrastructure and Productive Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1095-1111, December.
- David Alan Aschauer, 1990. "Why is infrastructure important?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 34, pages 21-68.
- Lynde, Catherine & Richmond, J, 1993. "Public Capital and Total Factor Productivity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(2), pages 401-414, May.
- Lynde, Catherine & Richmond, James, 1992. "The Role of Public Capital in Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 37-44, February.
- Lynde, Catherine & Richmond, J, 1993. "Public Capital and Long-Run Costs in U.K. Manufacturing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(419), pages 880-893, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Emmanuel Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2010. "Measuring regional economic efficiency: the case of Greek prefectures," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(3), pages 603-632, December.
- Hans-Friedrich Eckey & Reinhold Kosfeld & Matthias Türck, 2007. "Regionale Entwicklung mit und ohne räumliche Spillover-Effekte," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 27(1), pages 23-42, February.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2006. "Provision of public infrastructure, foreign investment and welfare in the presence of specialisation-based external economies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 142-156, January.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Bogetic, Z., 2009.
"Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1522-1539, September.
- Johannes Fedderke & Å½eljko Bogetic, 2005. "Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures," Working Papers 39, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fedderke, Johannes W. & Bogetic & Zeljko, 2006. "Infrastructure and growth in South Africa : direct and indirect productivity impacts of 19 infrastructure measures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3989, The World Bank.
- Teresa SEQUEIRA & Francisco DINIZ, 2014.
"Planning Beyond Infrastructures: The Third Sector In Douro And Alto Tras-Os-Montes,"
Regional Science Inquiry,
Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 43-57, June.
- Teresa Sequeira & Francisco Diniz, 2013. "Planning Beyond Infrastructures: The Third Sector In Douro And Alto Trã S-Os-Montes," ERSA conference papers ersa13p43, European Regional Science Association.
- Eckey, Hans-Friedrich & Türck, Matthias, 2005. "Convergence of EU-regions: A literature report," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 80, University of Kassel, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Metin KARADAG, 2010. "The Impact of Public Capital on the Efficiency of Private Manufacturing Industry at the Regional Level," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 10(4), pages 1167-1174.
- Fu, Feng-Cheng & Vijverberg, Chu-Ping C. & Vijverberg, Wim P., 2004.
"Public Infrastructure as a Determinant of Intertemporal and Interregional Productive Performance in China,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1019, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Wim Vijverberg & Chu-Ping Vijverberg & Feng-Cheng Fu, 2016. "Public Infrastructure as a Determinant of Intertemporal and Interregional Productive Performance in China," Working Papers id:8418, eSocialSciences.
- C. Alicia Avilés Zugasti & Rosario Gómez García & José Sánchez Maldonado, 2003. "Capital público, actividad económica privada y efectos desbordamiento: Un análisis por Comunidades Autónomas de los sectores Industria y Construcción en España," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 165(2), pages 25-51, June.
- Eckey, Hans-Friedrich & Kosfeld, Reinhold & Türck, Matthias, 2005. "Regional convergence in Germany: A geographically weighted regression approach," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 76, University of Kassel, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Melvin Ayogu, 0. "Infrastructure and Economic Development in Africa: A Review-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(suppl_1), pages -126.
- Chu-Ping C. Vijverberg & Wim P. M. Vijverberg, 2007. "Diagnosing the Productivity Effect of Public Capital in the Private Sector," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 207-230, Spring.
More about this item
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:36:y:2002:i:1:p:55-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.