Investigating the Effect of Government Health Expenditure on HDI in Iran
Human development is used as one of the most important indices to measure the level of countries development in resent decades. This study examines the effect of government health expenditure on human development index (HDI) by using the ordinary least squares method (OLS) over the period 1990-2009 in Iran. The results show a positive and significant elationship between government health expenditure and human development index. Also, Granger Causality Test indicates that there is no bilateral relationship between the government health expenditure and HDI in Iran. Journal: Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bhabesh, Sen & Himanshu, Sekhar Rout, 2007.
"Determinants of Household Health Expenditure: Case of Urban Orissa,"
6492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhabesh, Sen & Himanshu Sekhar, Rout, 2007. "Determinants Of Household Health Expenditure: Case Of Urban Orissa," MPRA Paper 6489, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clovis Freire & Nobuko Kajiura, "undated". "Impact of Health Expenditure on Achieving the Health-related MDGs," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/11/19, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Gustav Ranis, 2004. "Human Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers 887, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Himanshu Sekhar, Rout, 2006. "Influence Of Income And Education On Household Health Expenditure: The Case Of Tribal Orissa," MPRA Paper 6511, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spp:jkmeit:1317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.