Die Schweizer UMTS-Auktion
It was a first order media event when at the end of last year the UMTS concessions for the Swiss market were sold for 205 million Swiss francs. The result lagged massively behind the "several billion" francs that had been expected, based on the results of similar auctions abroad. In this paper I explore the reasons for this surprising result. I argue that the result is indeed unsatisfacory in terms of fiscal policy and, possibly, with respect to the implemented allocation.
Volume (Year): 137 (2001)
Issue (Month): II (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich|
Phone: +41 58 631 32 34
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heidrun C. Hoppe & Philippe Jehiel & Benny Moldovanu, 2006.
"License Auctions and Market Structure,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 371-396, 06.
- Jehiel, Philippe & Moldovanu, Benny, 2000. "License Auctions and Market Structure," CEPR Discussion Papers 2530, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heidrun C. Hoppe & Philippe Jehiel & Benny Moldovanu, 2006. "License auctions and market structure," Post-Print halshs-00754153, HAL.
- Jehiel, Philippe & Moldovanu, Benny, 2000. "License Auctions and Market Structure," Papers 01-21, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2000. "License Auctions and Market Structure," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 01-21, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Kreps, David M. & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Rational cooperation in the finitely repeated prisoners' dilemma," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 245-252, August.
- David Kreps & Paul Milgrom & John Roberts & Bob Wilson, 2010. "Rational Cooperation in the Finitely Repeated Prisoners' Dilemma," Levine's Working Paper Archive 239, David K. Levine.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1992. "Bidding Rings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 579-599, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2001-ii-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.