Comparative Analysis Of Competitiveness On The Peruvian And Chilean Economies From A Global View
Small economies, such as the Peruvian and Chilean, are immersed in the global arena of emergent economies, so evaluating them from a home based point of view (Porter, 1990) would be limited and of little use. This fact turns Porter’s national diamond framework insufficient for that purpose (Moon, Rugman and Verbeke, 1998). This paper analyzes these economies from a global view that would include local as well as foreign markets; in other words, it applies the International Competitiveness Double Diamond approach proposed by Moon, Rugman & Verbeke (1998), and Moon & Lee (2004). Information from the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the World Economic Forum, the Inter-American Development Bank and other sources was gathered to draw up the double diamond. The empirical analyses show that Chile is more competitive globally, while Peru is locally. To sum up, the results imply that Chile is more attractive to direct foreign investment than Peru.
Volume (Year): 14 (2009)
Issue (Month): 27 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.esan.edu.pe/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yi-Min Chen & Feng-Jyh Lin, 2006. "Regional development and sources of superior performance across textile and IT sectors in Taiwan," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 227-248, May.
- Eduardo Lora, 2005.
"Debe América Latina temerle a la China?,"
Research Department Publications
4410, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Dunning, John H. & Lundan, Sarianna M., 1998. "The geographical sources of competitiveness of multinational enterprises: an econometric analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 115-133, April.
- Fahy, John, 2002. "A resource-based analysis of sustainable competitive advantage in a global environment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 57-77, February.
- Patricio Del Sol & Joseph Kogan, 2007. "Regional competitive advantage based on pioneering economic reforms: the case of Chilean FDI," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(6), pages 901-927, November.
- Chang Moon, H. & Rugman, Alan M. & Verbeke, Alain, 1998. "A generalized double diamond approach to the global competitiveness of Korea and Singapore," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 135-150, April.
- Shigehisa Kasahara, 2004.
"The Flying Geese Paradigm: A Critical Study Of Its Application To East Asian Regional Development,"
UNCTAD Discussion Papers
169, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Kasahara, Shigehisa, 2004. "The Flying Geese Paradigm: A critical study of its application to East Asian regional development," MPRA Paper 21881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:joefas:0013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ESAN Ediciones)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.