Los aportes de Eduardo Wiesner al pensamiento económico colombiano
This article summarizes the main line thought of Eduardo Wiesner, who has greatly influenced Colombian public policy. Wiesner is aware of the most important discussions on contemporary economic theory and has been able to convert them into legislative proposals. He shows the importance of market incentives from different angles, without denying the central role of the institutions. His careful approach has not been reflected in the resulting laws, which end up contaminated by the simplistic spirit of technocracy. Wiesner studies the passage from individual choice to collective choice from the optic of public choice theory, and plays down the importance of the impossibilities derived from the social election theory. The article criticizes this option because it leads people to wrongly think that the market logic can be applied to a wide range of goods, including education and health.
Volume (Year): 8 (2006)
Issue (Month): 14 (January-June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas|
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J, 1978.
"Unanticipated Money, Output, and the Price Level in the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 549-580, August.
- Barro, Robert J., 1978. "Unanticipated Money, Output, and the Price Level in the United States," Scholarly Articles 3450988, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Sen, Amartya, 1971. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal: Reply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1406-1407, Nov.-Dec..
- Sen, Amartya Kumar, 1971. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal: Reply," Scholarly Articles 3612780, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 1004-1009, December.
- Barro, Robert J, 1984. "Rational Expectations and Macroeconomics in 1984," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 179-182, May.
- Alberto Alesina & Alberto Carrasquilla & Juan José Echavarría Soto, 2000. "Decentralization in Colombia," WORKING PAPERS SERIES. DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 002254, FEDESARROLLO.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1994. "The Political Economy of Budget Deficits," NBER Working Papers 4637, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vatter, Harold G & Walker, John F, 1986. "Real Public Sector Employment Growth, Wagner's Law, and Economic Growth in the United States," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 41(1), pages 116-138.
- Ronald H. Coase, 2000. "The new institutional economics," Chapters,in: Institutions, Contracts and Organizations, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Coase, Ronald, 1998. "The New Institutional Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 72-74, May.
- Homero Cuevas, 1998. "Proceso político y bienestar social," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Economía, edition 1, volume 1, number 39, June.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1993. "Contested Exchange versus the Governance of Contractual Relations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 103-108, Winter.
- Mueller, Dennis C, 1976. "Public Choice: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 395-433, June.
- James M. Buchanan & Richard A. Musgrave, 1999. "Public Finance and Public Choice: Two Contrasting Visions of the State," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262024624, July.
- Bird, Richard M, 1971. "Wagner's o Law' of Expanding State Activity," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 26(1), pages 1-26. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:8:y:2006:i:14:p:17-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.