Probabilismo: ética y economía
This essay makes reference to the Scholastic doctrine of moral probabilism and explores the possible links between this theological perspective and the modern concept of probability. It shows that these concepts are more related than is suggested by common etymological approaches. Moral probabilism helped confessors to solve cases of conscience, without reducing the problem of human liberty to the extremes of randomness or determinism. Also, it suggests an analogy between the probabilistic approach and Keynes’s Treatise on Probability: for both Scholastic authors and Keynes economic analysis emerges from moral analysis.
Volume (Year): 5 (2003)
Issue (Month): 9 (July-December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas|
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hendry, David F, 1980. "Econometrics-Alchemy or Science?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(188), pages 387-406, November.
- Fitzgibbons, Athol, 1988. "Keynes's Vision: A New Political Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286417, December.
- de Roover, Raymond, 1958. "The Concept of the Just Price: Theory and Economic Policy," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 418-434, December.
- E. F. Shawyer, 1998. "Editorial," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 105-105, January.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:6:y:1990:i:2:p:171-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Urrutia, 1997. "Banco Central Independiente y democracia," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, December.
- Hendry, David F. & Learmer, Edward E. & Poirier, Dale J., 1990. "A Conversation on Econometric Methodology," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 171-261, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:5:y:2003:i:9:p:55-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.