Pierangelo Garegnani: Policy Implications of the Critique of Political Economy
Notwithstanding his fundamental contribution to the critique of the neoclassical notion of capital, we maintain that Pierangelo Garegnani’s research has been especially characterized by the reconstruction of an alternative approach to economics. Following Sraffa’s lead, Garegnani found such an alternative approach in the Classical theory of value and distribution, and put forward a Classical-Keynesian theory for output determination. In this approach, prices are not scarcity indexes, the absence of any spontaneous tendency to full employment abolishes optimality of market economies, income distribution results from social − not natural − forces. The policy implications of this approach are considered.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. Garegnani, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 407-436.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1978.
"Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: I,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 335-53, December.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1979. "Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: II," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 63-82, March.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1984. "Piero Sraffa," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 1-2, March.
- Pierangelo Garegnani & Attilio Trezzini, 2010. "Cycles and Growth: A Source of Demand-Driven Endogenous Growth," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 119-125.
- Pierangelo Garegnani, 2007. "Professor Foley and Classical Policy Analysis," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 221-242.
- Pierangelo Garegnani, 2005. "Capital And Intertemporal Equilibria: A Reply To Mandler ," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 411-437, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.