De l'évaluation économique des transferts fiscaux [Commentaires sur l'article : « L'harmonisation fiscale en Europe et l'économie française » de William Perraudin et Thierry Pujol ]
[eng] This article discusses the methods and results of the preceeding paper. It shows that a transfer between VAT and a tax on wages can be economically neutral or even be useful to increase the progressivity of the French fiscal system. It considers that it is not useful to try to increase the labour supply in a country which already experiences a high unemployment rate. It compares the results of macroeconometric and general equilibrium models to study fiscal reforms.
Volume (Year): 37 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.persee.fr/collection/ofce|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J, 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Barro, Robert J., 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Scholarly Articles 3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Henri Sterdyniak & Pierre Villa, 1984. "Faut-il substituer de la TVA aux cotisations sociales des employeurs ?," Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 6(1), pages 93-101.
- Henri Sterdyniak & Pierre Villa, 1984. "Faut-il substituer de la TVA aux cotisations sociales des employeurs ?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5275, Sciences Po.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1981. "Capital Taxation and Accumulation in a Life Cycle Growth Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 533-544, September.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1988:i:11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anthony B. Atkinson & François Bourguignon & Pierre-André Chiappori, 1988. "Fiscalité et transferts: une comparaison franco-britannique," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 11, pages 117-140.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Supply-Side Economics: An Analytical Review," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 293-316, April.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1988:i:11:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:rvofce:ofce_0751-6614_1991_num_37_1_1258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.