The effect of forensic events on health status and housing stability among homeless and vulnerably housed individuals: A cohort study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Hwang & Tim Aubry & Anita Palepu & Susan Farrell & Rosane Nisenbaum & Anita Hubley & Fran Klodawsky & Evie Gogosis & Elizabeth Hay & Shannon Pidlubny & Tatiana Dowbor & Catharine Chambers, 2011. "The health and housing in transition study: a longitudinal study of the health of homeless and vulnerably housed adults in three Canadian cities," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 56(6), pages 609-623, December.
- Tsemberis, S. & Gulcur, L. & Nakae, M., 2004. "Housing First, Consumer Choice, and Harm Reduction for Homeless Individuals with a Dual Diagnosis," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 94(4), pages 651-656.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:gam:jscscx:v:5:y:2016:i:2:p:15:d:66801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yerko Rojas, 2017. "Evictions and short-term all-cause mortality: a 3-year follow-up study of a middle-aged Swedish population," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 62(3), pages 343-351, April.
- Schelbe, Lisa, 2018. "Struggles, successes, and setbacks: Youth aging out of child welfare in a subsidized housing program," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 298-308.
- Bernet, Alice & Warren, Cristina & Adams, Susie, 2015. "Using a community-based participatory research approach to evaluate resident predictors of involuntary exit from permanent supportive housing," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 63-69.
- Nelson, Geoffrey & Stefancic, Ana & Rae, Jennifer & Townley, Greg & Tsemberis, Sam & Macnaughton, Eric & Aubry, Tim & Distasio, Jino & Hurtubise, Roch & Patterson, Michelle & Stergiopoulos, Vicky & Pi, 2014. "Early implementation evaluation of a multi-site housing first intervention for homeless people with mental illness: A mixed methods approach," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 16-26.
- Corinth, Kevin, 2017. "The impact of permanent supportive housing on homeless populations," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 69-84.
- Fleury, Marie-Josée & Grenier, Guy & Vallée, Catherine & Hurtubise, Roch & Lévesque, Paul-André, 2014. "The role of advocacy coalitions in a project implementation process: The example of the planning phase of the At Home/Chez Soi project dealing with homelessness in Montreal," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 42-49.
- Owczarzak, Jill & Kazi, Asiya K. & Mazhnaya, Alyona & Alpatova, Polina & Zub, Tatyana & Filippova, Olga & Phillips, Sarah D., 2021. "“You're nobody without a piece of paper:” visibility, the state, and access to services among women who use drugs in Ukraine," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 269(C).
- Lars Benjaminsen, 2018. "Housing First in Denmark: An Analysis of the Coverage Rate among Homeless People and Types of Shelter Users," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 6(3), pages 327-336.
- Bender, Kimberly & Thompson, Sanna J. & Ferguson, Kristin & Komlo, Chelsea & Taylor, Chelsea & Yoder, Jamie, 2012. "Substance use and victimization: Street-involved youths' perspectives and service implications," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2392-2399.
- William N. Evans & David C. Phillips & Krista Ruffini, 2021. "Policies To Reduce And Prevent Homelessness: What We Know And Gaps In The Research," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(3), pages 914-963, June.
- Sebastian Rosenberg & Ian Hickie, 2013. "Managing Madness: Mental Health and Complexity in Public Policy," Evidence Base, Australia and New Zealand School of Government, vol. 2013(3), pages 1-19, September.
- Mathew Carter & Colleen Fisher & Mohan Isaac, 2013. "Recovery From Comorbidity," SAGE Open, , vol. 3(4), pages 21582440135, November.
- Pierce, Stephanie Casey & Grady, Bryan & Holtzen, Holly, 2018. "Daybreak in Dayton: Assessing characteristics and outcomes of previously homeless youth living in transitional housing," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 249-256.
- Barbara Straaten & Gerda Rodenburg & Jorien Laan & Sandra N. Boersma & Judith R. L. M. Wolf & Dike Mheen, 2018. "Changes in Social Exclusion Indicators and Psychological Distress Among Homeless People Over a 2.5-Year Period," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 135(1), pages 291-311, January.
- Kirst, Maritt & Friesdorf, Rebecca & Ta, Martha & Amiri, Alexandra & Hwang, Stephen W. & Stergiopoulos, Vicky & O'Campo, Patricia, 2020. "Patterns and effects of social integration on housing stability, mental health and substance use outcomes among participants in a randomized controlled Housing First trial," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 265(C).
- Chang, Jamie Suki, 2017. "Health in the Tenderloin: A resident-guided study of substance use, treatment, and housing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 166-174.
- Julia R. Woodhall-Melnik & James R. Dunn, 2016. "A systematic review of outcomes associated with participation in Housing First programs," Housing Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 287-304, April.
- Dunn, James R. & van der Meulen, Emily & O’Campo, Patricia & Muntaner, Carles, 2013. "Improving health equity through theory-informed evaluations: A look at housing first strategies, cross-sectoral health programs, and prostitution policy," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 184-190.
- Stephen Gaetz, 2020. "Making the Prevention of Homelessness a Priority: The Role of Social Innovation," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(2), pages 353-381, March.
- Slesnick, Natasha & Zhang, Jing & Brakenhoff, Brittany, 2017. "Personal control and service connection as paths to improved mental health and exiting homelessness among severely marginalized homeless youth," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 121-127.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:plo:pone00:0211704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: plosone (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.