An input-output-based methodology to estimate the economic role of a port: The case of the port system of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region, Italy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Romeo Danielis & Romeo Danielis, 2012. "An input-output based methodology to estimate the economic role of a port: the case of the port system of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region, Italy," Working Papers 12_2, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica, revised 2012.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudio Ferrari & Marco Percoco & Andrea Tedeschi, 2010. "Ports And Local Development: Evidence From Italy," Articles, International Journal of Transport Economics, vol. 37(1).
- Rietveld, Piet, 1994. "Spatial economic impacts of transport infrastructure supply," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 329-341, July.
- Jean-Paul Rodrigue & Theo Notteboom, 2009. "The terminalization of supply chains: reassessing the role of terminals in port/hinterland logistical relationships," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 165-183, April.
- W R Hughes, 1997. "A Comparison of Economic Impacts with the Use of Economic Base and Inputâ€”Output Methodologies," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(4), pages 673-684, April.
- Leroy P. Jones, 1976. "The Measurement of Hirschmanian Linkages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(2), pages 323-333.
- Bichou, K. & Gray, R., 2005. "A critical review of conventional terminology for classifying seaports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 75-92, January.
- Cella, Guido, 1984. "The Input-Output Measurement of Interindustry Linkages," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 46(1), pages 73-84, February.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings & Fernando S. Perobelli & Raul A. C. dos Santos, 2010. "Regional Effects of Port Infrastructure: A Spatial CGE Application to Brazil," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 33(3), pages 239-263, July.
- Elvira Haezendonck & Chris Coeck & Alain Verbeke, 2000. "The Competitive Position of Seaports: Introduction of the Value Added Concept," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 2(2), pages 107-118, June.
- Francois Coppens, 2005. "Indirect effects - a formal definition and degrees of dependency as an alternative to technical coefficients," Working Paper Research 67, National Bank of Belgium.
- W R Hughes, 1997. "A comparison of economic impacts with the use of economic base and input - output methodologies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(4), pages 673-684, April.
- José Ignacio Castillo & Lourdes López- Valpuesta & Maria José Aracil, 2004. "Dynamising Economic Impact Studies: The Case of the Port of Seville," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/87, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adolf K.Y. Ng & Zaili Yang & Stephen Cahoon & Paul T.W. Lee & Philipp Breidenbach & Timo Mitze, 2016. "The Long Shadow of Port Infrastructure in Germany: Cause or Consequence of Regional Economic Prosperity?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 378-392, September.
- Lili Song & Jianing Mi, 2016. "Port infrastructure and regional economic growth in China: a Granger causality analysis," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 456-468, May.
- Chang, Young-Tae & Shin, Sung-Ho & Lee, Paul Tae-Woo, 2014. "Economic impact of port sectors on South African economy: An input–output analysis," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 333-340.
- Park, Jin Suk & Seo, Young-Joon, 2016. "The impact of seaports on the regional economies in South Korea: Panel evidence from the augmented Solow model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 107-119.
- Zhang, Yi & Lam, Jasmine Siu Lee, 2016. "Estimating economic losses of industry clusters due to port disruptions," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 17-33.
- Elizaveta A. Al-Faradzh, 2015. "Solitude and Life in the World in the Letters of Antoine Arnauld," HSE Working papers WP BRP 09/LS/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Andrés Artal-Tur & José María Gómez-Fuster & José Miguel Navarro-Azorín & José María Ramos-Parreño, 2016. "Estimating the economic impact of a port through regional input–output tables: Case study of the Port of Cartagena (Spain)," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 18(4), pages 371-390, December.
- Yang, Jinglei & Luo, Meifeng & Ji, Abing, 2016. "Analyzing the spatial–temporal evolution of a gateway’s hinterland: A case study of Shanghai, China," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 355-367.
- repec:pal:marecl:v:20:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41278-017-0081-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Ferrari, Claudio & Tei, Alessio, 2014. "Ports and regional development: A spatial analysis on a panel of European regions," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 44-55.
- Song, Lili & van Geenhuizen, Marina, 2014. "Port infrastructure investment and regional economic growth in China: Panel evidence in port regions and provinces," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 173-183.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:marecl:v:15:y:2013:i:2:p:222-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.