Labor Earnings in One-Company Towns: Theory and Evidence from Kazakhstan
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kathryn Anderson & Elizabeth King & Yan Wang, 2003. "Market Returns, Transfers and Demand for Schooling in Malaysia, 1976-89," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 1-28.
- Mete, Cem, 2004. "The inequality implications of highly selective promotion practices," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 301-314, June.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1991. "School Repetition, Dropouts, and the Rates of Return to Schooling: The Case of Indonesia," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 53(4), pages 467-480, November.
- Gertler, Paul & Glewwe, Paul, 1990. "The willingness to pay for education in developing countries : Evidence from rural Peru," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 251-275, August.
- Brian A. Jacob & Lars Lefgren, 2004.
"Remedial Education and Student Achievement: A Regression-Discontinuity Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 226-244, February.
- Brian A. Jacob & Lars Lefgren, 2002. "Remedial Education and Student Achievement: A Regression-Discontinuity Analysis," NBER Working Papers 8918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Junaid Ahmad & Shantayanan Devarajan & Stuti Khemani & Shekhar Shah, 2006. "Decentralization and Service Delivery," Chapters,in: Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Harold Alderman & Peter F. Orazem & Elizabeth M. Paterno, 2001.
"School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 304-326.
- Alderman, Harold & Orazem, Peter & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2001. "School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1970, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ilana Umansky & Emiliana Vegas, 2007. "Inside Decentralization: How Three Central American School-based Management Reforms Affect Student Learning Through Teacher Incentives," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 197-215, August.
- Bedi, Arjun S & Marshall, Jeffrey H, 1999. "School Attendance and Student Achievement: Evidence from Rural Honduras," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(3), pages 657-682, April.
- Eide, Eric R. & Showalter, Mark H., 2001. "The effect of grade retention on educational and labor market outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 563-576, December.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Psacharopoulos, George, 1992. "Socioeconomic and ethnic determinants of grade repetition in Bolivia and Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1028, The World Bank.
- Jerik Hanushek & Dennis Kimko, 2006.
"Schooling, Labor-force Quality, and the Growth of Nations,"
Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 154-193.
- Dennis D. Kimko & Eric A. Hanushek, 2000. "Schooling, Labor-Force Quality, and the Growth of Nations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1184-1208, December.
- Gomes-Neto, Joao Batista & Hanushek, Eric A, 1994. "Causes and Consequences of Grade Repetition: Evidence from Brazil," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(1), pages 117-148, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio de, 2003. "The Truth about Privatization in Latin America," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm436, Yale School of Management.
- Boris Najman & Richard Pomfret & Gael Raballand & Patricia Sourdin, 2005.
"How are Oil Revenues Redistributed in an Oil Economy? The Case of Kazakhstan,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2005-18, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Boris Najman & Richard Pomfret & Gael Raballand & Patricia Sourdin, 2008. "How are oil revenues redistributed in an oil economy? The case of Kazakhstan," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00266752, HAL.
- Boris Najman & Richard Pomfret & Gael Raballand & Patricia Sourdin, 2005. "How are Oil Revenues redistributed in an Oil Economy? The case of Kazakhstan," Development and Comp Systems 0512012, EconWPA.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2006.
"Spatial Heterogeneity And The Wage Curve Revisited,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 707-731.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2004. "Spatial Heterogeneity and the Wage Curve Revisited," ERSA conference papers ersa04p115, European Regional Science Association.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2004. "Spatial Heterogeneity and the Wage Curve revisited," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-054/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 72-115.
- Hoffman, Joan, 2008. "Watershed shift: Collaboration and employers in the New York City Catskill/Delaware Watershed from 1990-2003," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 141-161, December.
- Guido Friebel & Sergei Guriev, 2005.
"Attaching Workers through In-Kind Payments: Theory and Evidence from Russia,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 175-202.
- Guido Friebel & Sergei Guriev, 2005. "Attaching Workers Through In-kind Payments: Theory and Evidence from Russia," Working Papers w0057, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Guido Friebel & Sergei Guriev, 2005. "Attaching Workers through In-Kind Payments: Theory and Evidence from Russia," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5q3gpbfo7i8, Sciences Po.
- Martin Rama, 2002. "Globalization and Workers in Developing Countries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 41, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- World Bank, 2002. "Pacific Islands - Regional Economic Report : Embarking on a Global Voyage - Trade Liberalization and Complementary Reforms in the Pacific," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15362, The World Bank.
- Commander, Simon & Nikoloski, Zlatko & Plekhanov, Alexander, 2011. "Employment Concentration and Resource Allocation: One-Company Towns in Russia," IZA Discussion Papers 6034, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bernard Hoekman & Alan L. Winters, 2005.
"Trade and Employment: Stylized Facts and Research Findings,"
7, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Hoekman & Bernard & Winters, L. Alan, 2005. "Trade and employment : stylized facts and research findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3676, The World Bank.
- Arabsheibani, Reza & Mussurov, Altay, 2006. "Returns to Schooling in Kazakhstan: OLS and Instrumental Variables Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 2462, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:wbecrv:v:13:y:1999:i:1:p:185-209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wrldbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .