Private versus Socially Optimal Provision of Ex Ante Legal Advice
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Louis Kaplow & Steven Shavell, 1991. "Private Versus Socially Optimal Provision of Ex Ante Legal Advice," NBER Working Papers 3868, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shavell, Steven, 1988. "Legal Advice about Contemplated Acts: The Decision to Obtain Advice, Its Social Desirability, and Protection of Confidentiality," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 123-150, January.
- Craswell, Richard & Calfee, John E, 1986. "Deterrence and Uncertain Legal Standards," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 279-303, Fall.
- Kahan, Marcel, 1989. "Causation and Incentives to Take Care under the Negligence Rule," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 427-447, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lang, Matthias, 2017.
"Legal uncertainty as a welfare enhancing screen,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 274-289.
- Matthias Lang, 2014. "Legal Uncertainty as a Welfare Enhancing Screen," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2014_17, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, revised Oct 2016.
- Matthias Lang, 2016. "Legal Uncertainty as a Welfare Enhancing Screen," CESifo Working Paper Series 6164, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Bruno Deffains, 2007.
"Uncertainty of Law and the Legal Process,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(4), pages 627-656, December.
- Guiseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Bruno Deffains, 2006. "Uncertainty of Law and the Legal Process," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-071/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Bruno Deffains, 2006. "Uncertainty of Law and the Legal Process," Working Papers of BETA 2006-11, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shavell, Steven, 1994. "Accuracy in the Determination of Liability," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Benito Arruñada, 2017. "How to Make Land Titling more Rational," Working Papers 983, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shavell, Steven, 1996. "Accuracy in the Assessment of Damages," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 191-210, April.
- Ram Singh, 2001.
"Efficient Liability Rules When Courts Make Errors in Estimation of the Harm : Complete Characterization,"
99, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Ram Singh, 2008. "Efficient Liability Rules When Courts Make Errors in Estimation of the Harm: Complet Characterization," Working Papers id:1612, eSocialSciences.
- Goeschl, Timo & Pfrommer, Tobias, 2015. "Learning by Negligence - Torts, Experimentation, and the Value of Information," Working Papers 0598, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Ram Singh, 2001.
"Effects of Courts' Errors on Efficiency of Liability Rules: When Individuals are Imperfectly Informed,"
97, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Ram Singh, 2009. "Effects of Court Errors on Efficiency of Liability Rules: When Individuals are Imperfectly Informed," Working Papers id:2291, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:326-352 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaplow, Louis, 1998. "Accuracy, Complexity, and the Income Tax," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 61-83, April.
- Harald Hau & Marcel Thum, 2000. "Lawyers, Legislation and Social Welfare," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 231-254, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jleorg:v:8:y:1992:i:2:p:306-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/jleo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.