Optimality And Equilibrium In A Single-Product Economic Model With Collective Good (Computer Experiments)
This paper considers some of the simplest models of the economy with the collective good. Used computer simulations illustrate the relationship between equilibrium and the optimum. We propose a heuristic method for finding the economic equilibrium with the collective goods, which is a variant of the tatonnement process.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pirttila, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti, 2002.
" Publicly Provided Private Goods and Redistribution: A General Equilibrium Analysis,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(1), pages 173-188.
- Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala, 2001. "Publicly provided private goods and redistribution: A General equilibrium analysis," Working Papers 0103, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- J. H. Dreze & D. de la Vallee Poussin, 1971. "A Tâtonnement Process for Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 133-150.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & de LA VALLEE POUSSIN, Dominique, "undated". "A tâtonnement process for public goods," CORE Discussion Papers RP 83, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Claude Fourgeaud & Bernard Lenclud & Pierre Michel, 1983. "Taux d'actualisation et prix de l'énergie," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 34(2), pages 253-276.
- Nitzan, Shmuel & Romano, Richard E., 1990. "Private provision of a discrete public good with uncertain cost," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 357-370, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mje:mjejnl:v:9:y:2013:i:4:p:7-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nikola Draskovic Jelcic)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.