Optimality And Equilibrium In A Single-Product Economic Model With Collective Good (Computer Experiments)
This paper considers some of the simplest models of the economy with the collective good. Used computer simulations illustrate the relationship between equilibrium and the optimum. We propose a heuristic method for finding the economic equilibrium with the collective goods, which is a variant of the tatonnement process.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala, 2001.
"Publicly provided private goods and redistribution: A General equilibrium analysis,"
0103, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Pirttila, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti, 2002. " Publicly Provided Private Goods and Redistribution: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(1), pages 173-88.
- Claude Fourgeaud & Bernard Lenclud & Pierre Michel, 1983. "Taux d'actualisation et prix de l'énergie," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 34(2), pages 253-276.
- Nitzan, Shmuel & Romano, Richard E., 1990. "Private provision of a discrete public good with uncertain cost," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 357-370, August.
- J. H. Dreze & D. de la Vallee Poussin, 1971. "A Tâtonnement Process for Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 133-150.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mje:mjejnl:v:9:y:2013:i:4:p:7-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eryk Wdowiak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.