The Instability and Inequities of the Global Reserve System
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2007. "The Instability and Inequities of the Global Reserve System," Working Papers 59, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
References listed on IDEAS
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart & Carlos A. Végh, 2005.
"When It Rains, It Pours: Procyclical Capital Flows and Macroeconomic Policies,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2004, Volume 19, pages 11-82
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Vegh, Carlos, 2004. "When it rains, it pours: Procyclical capital flows and macroeconomic policies," MPRA Paper 13883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart & Carlos A. Vegh, 2004. "When it Rains, it Pours: Procyclical Capital Flows and Macroeconomic Policies," NBER Working Papers 10780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ayhan Kose & Kenneth Rogoff & Eswar S Prasad & Shang-Jin Wei, 2003. "Effects of Financial Globalization on Developing Countries; Some Empirical Evidence," IMF Occasional Papers 220, International Monetary Fund.
- José Antonio Ocampo & Juan Martin, 2003. "Globalization and Development : A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14455.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1993.
"Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 108-151, March.
- Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen Reinhart & Guillermo Calvo, 1992. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America; The Role of External Factors," IMF Working Papers 92/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993.
"Af1uencia de capital y apreciacion del tipo de cambio real en America Latina: E1 papel de los factores externos
[Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of Ex," MPRA Paper 13681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993. "“Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," MPRA Paper 7125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 2005. "An essay on the revived Bretton Woods system," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Feb.
- Serge Jeanneau & Camilo E Tovar, 2006. "Domestic bond markets in Latin America: achievements and challenges," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Ocampo, Jose Antonio & Stiglitz, Joseph E. (ed.), 2008. "Capital Market Liberalization and Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199238446.
- White, William R., 2005. "Procyclicality in the Financial System: Do We Need a New Macrofinancial Stabilization Framework?," Kiel Economic Policy Papers 2, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- José Antonio Ocampo & Stephany Griffith-Jones, 2007. "A counter-cyclical framework for a development-friendly international financial architecture," Working Papers 39, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Claudio Borio & Craig Furfine & Philip Lowe, 2001. "Procyclicality of the financial system and financial stability: issues and policy options," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 1-57 Bank for International Settlements.
- Stiglitz, Joseph & Ocampo, Jose Antonio & Spiegel, Shari & Ffrench-Davis, Ricardo & Nayyar, Deepak, 2006. "Stability with Growth: Macroeconomics, Liberalization and Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199288144.
- Reisen, Helmut, 2003. "Ratings since the Asian crisis," Copublicaciones, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1790, December.
- repec:idb:brikps:59438 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Williamson, 2004. "The future of the global financial system," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 607-611.
- Juan Carlos Ramírez & Vivianne Ventura-Dias & Alicia Bárcena & Eugenio Lahera, 2003. "Globalization and Development: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59438 edited by Juan Martin & José Antonio Ocampo, February.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1992. "The Financial Instability Hypothesis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_74, Levy Economics Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carabelli, Anna & Cedrini, Mario, 2013.
"Globalization and Keynes's Ideal of a 'Sounder Political Economy between All Nations,"
CESMEP Working Papers
201305, University of Turin.
- Carabelli, Anna M. & Cedrini, Mario, 2013. "Globalization and Keynes’s Ideal of a “Sounder Political Economy between all Nations," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201349, University of Turin.
- Stephany Griffith-Jones & José Antonio Ocampo, 2009. "Sovereign Wealth Funds : a Developing Country Perspective," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 9(1), pages 241-254.
- Gheorghe Voinea & Sorin Gabriel Anton, 2009. "Redefining the role of international monetary fund in the light of the current economic and financial crisis," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 56, pages 202-209, November.
- Rudiger von Arnim & Daniele Tavani & Laura Barbosa de Carvalho, 2012. "Globalization as coordination failure: A Keynesian perspective," Working Papers 1202, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- José Antonio Ocampo Gaviria, 2009. "Economic Policy Implications of the Current Financial Instability," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(53-54), pages 191-215, January -.
- Ákos Dani & Ágnes Tõrös, 2011. "China’s Sovereign Wealth Funds: A path to sustained development?," Public Finance Quarterly, State Audit Office of Hungary, vol. 56(2), pages 241-256.
- Muchlinski, Elke, 2010. "Metaphern, Begriffe und Bedeutungen: Das Beispiel internationale monetäre Institutionen," Discussion Papers 2010/14, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Shrestha, Prakash Kumar, 2013. "Banking Ssystems, central banks and international reserve accumulation in East Asian economies," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-29.
- Laura Barbosa de Carvalho, 2012. "Current Account Imbalances and Economic Growth: a two-country model with real-financial linkages," Working Papers 1203, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Stephany Griffith Jones & José Antonio Ocampo, 2009. "Les fonds souverains du point de vue des pays en développement," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 9(1), pages 259-274.
More about this item
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F55 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:ijpoec:v:36:y:2007:i:4:p:71-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MIJP20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.