Balancing the Macroeconomic Books on the Backs of Workers: A Simple Analytical Political Economy Model of Contemporary U.S. Capitalism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew G Haldane & Vicky Read, 2000. "Monetary policy surprises and the yield curve," Bank of England working papers 106, Bank of England.
- Arestis, Philip & Howells, Peter, 1996. "Theoretical Reflections on Endogenous Money: The Problem with 'Convenience Lending.'," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(5), pages 539-551, September.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C.W. & Geraats, Petra M., 2006.
"How transparent are central banks?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Geraats, Petra M, 2002. "How Transparent are Central Banks?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3188, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P., 2006. "How transparent are central banks?," Other publications TiSEM b34dfb1f-520f-4787-a08f-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P.M., 2004. "How Transparent Are Central Banks?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0411, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- James Forder, 2002. "Interests and 'Independence': The European Central Bank and the theory of bureaucracy," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 51-69.
- Goodhart, Charles A E, 1994. "What Should Central Banks Do? What Should Be Their Macroeconomic Objectives and Operations?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1424-1436, November.
- Giuseppe Fontana & Ezio Venturino, 2003. "Endogenous Money: An Analytical Approach," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(4), pages 398-416, September.
- James Forder, 2004. "The theory of credibility: confusions, limitations and dangers," Chapters,in: Neo-Liberal Economic Policy, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Alvaro Angeriz & Philip Arestis, 2007. "Monetary policy in the UK," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(6), pages 863-884, November.
- John B. Taylor, 2000. "Teaching Modern Macroeconomics at the Principles Level," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 90-94.
- Forder, James, 1998. "The case for an independent European central bank: A reassessment of evidence and sources," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-71, February.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Stefan Krause, 2002. "Central bank structure, policy efficiency, and macroeconomic performance: exploring empirical relationships," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 47-60.
- Hayo, Bernd, 1998. "Inflation culture, central bank independence and price stability," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 241-263, May.
- Kevin Ross, 2002. "Market Predictability of ECB Policy Decisions; A Comparative Examination," IMF Working Papers 02/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1999. "Alice in Euroland," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 181-209, June.
- Forder, James, 1998. "Central Bank Independence--Conceptual Clarifications and Interim Assessment," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 307-334, July.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2003.
"Monetary policy transparency: transparent about what?,"
University of Manchester, vol. 71(5), pages 478-497, September.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2003. "Monetary policy transparency: transparent about what?," Working Papers 2002-028, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- James Forder, 2003. "'Independence' and the founding of the Federal Reserve," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(3), pages 297-310, August.
- Allsop, Christopher & Vines, David, 2000. "The Assessment: Macroeconomic Policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 1-32, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Setterfield, 2010. "Endogenous Growth: A Kaldorian Approach," Working Papers 1001, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Mark Setterfield, 2014. "Using Interest Rates as the Instrument of Monetary Policy: Beware Real effects, Positive Feedbacks, and Discontinuities," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, pages 7-22.
- Louis-Philippe Rochon & Marc Setterfield, 2011. "Post-Keynesian Interest Rate Rules and Macroeconomic Performance: A Comparative Evaluation," Chapters,in: Credit, Money and Macroeconomic Policy, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Miguel D. Ramírez, 2014.
"Credit, The Turnover of Capital, and the Law of the Falling Rate of Profit: A Critical Note,"
Contributions to Political Economy,
Oxford University Press, pages 61-68.
- Mark Setterfield, 2013. "Using Interest Rates as the Instrument of Monetary Policy: Beware Real effects, Positive Feedbacks, and Discontinuities," Working Papers 1320, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Eduardo F. Bastian & Mark Setterfield, 2017. "Nominal exchange rate shocks and inflation in an open economy: towards a structuralist inflation targeting agenda," Working Papers 1720, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Mark Setterfield, 2017. "Modern (American) Capitalism: A Three Act Tragedy," Working Papers 1722, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:ijpoec:v:35:y:2006:i:3:p:46-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MIJP20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .