Valuation of Selected Indian Stocks using Discounted Cash Flow Techniques
The present paper aims at using a valuation model based on Discounted Cash Flow Method. Quarterly intrinsic values for the year 2010 are calculated by this model. The calculated Intrinsic values are compared with the corresponding market values in order to know whether the model is capable enough to capture the market price or not. Welch’s t-test is conducted to check the significance level between the two values and robustness of the model. Selected “A” category companies are taken for the study and the time period of the study is from 1st January, 2001 to 31st December, 2010.
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Splaiul Unirii nr. 176, sector 4, Bucuresti|
Web page: http://fbc.ucdc.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1995. " Size and Book-to-Market Factors in Earnings and Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 131-55, March.
- Ivo Welch, 2000.
"Views of Financial Economists on the Equity Premium and on Professional Controversies,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm122, Yale School of Management.
- Welch, Ivo, 2000. "Views of Financial Economists on the Equity Premium and on Professional Controversies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(4), pages 501-37, October.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-617, December.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Kent Daniel & David Hirshleifer & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 1998. "Investor Psychology and Security Market Under- and Overreactions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 1839-1885, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:khe:journl:v:5:y:2013:i:4:p:36-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.