Groups can make a difference: voting power measures extended
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dennis Leech & Robert Leech, 2006.
"Voting power and voting blocs,"
Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 285-303, June.
- Leech, Dennis & Leech, Robert, 2004. "Voting Power and Voting Blocs," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 716, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Annick Laruelle & Federico Valenciano, 2005.
"Assessing success and decisiveness in voting situations,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 24(1), pages 171-197, January.
- Annick Laruelle & F. Valenciano, 2005. "Assessing success and decisiveness in voting situations," Post-Print halshs-00109417, HAL.
- Claus Beisbart & Luc Bovens, 2008. "A power measure analysis of Amendment 36 in Colorado," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 231-246, March.
- Serguei Kaniovski & Dennis Leech, 2009.
"A behavioral power index,"
Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 17-29, October.
- Kaniovski, Serguei & Leech, Dennis, 2007. "A Behavioural Power Index," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 831, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Moshé Machover & Dan S. Felsenthal, 2002. "Annexations and alliances: When are blocs advantageous a priori?," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 19(2), pages 295-312.
- Chamberlain, Gary & Rothschild, Michael, 1981. "A note on the probability of casting a decisive vote," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 152-162, August.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:48:y:1954:i:03:p:787-792_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edelman, Paul H., 2004. "Voting power and at-large representation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 219-232, March.
- Gelman, Andrew & Katz, Jonathan N. & Bafumi, Joseph, 2004.
"Standard Voting Power Indexes Do Not Work: An Empirical Analysis,"
British Journal of Political Science,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 657-674, October.
- Gelman, Andrew & Katz, Jonathan N. & Bafumi, Joseph, 2002. "Standard Voting Power Indexes Don't Work: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 1133, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsVoting power; Banzhaf measure of voting power; Measures of a posteriori voting power; Groups of voters;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:69:y:2010:i:3:p:469-488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .