Retrospective on the Utility Theory of von Neumann and Morgenstern
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Weymark, 2005.
"Measurement theory and the foundations of utilitarianism,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 25(2), pages 527-555, December.
- John a. Weymark, 2004. "Measurement Theory and the Foundations of Utilitarianism," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 415, Econometric Society.
- John A. Weymark, 2005. "Measurement Theory and the Foundations of Utilitarianism," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0507, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Derrick Huang, C. & Hu, Qing & Behara, Ravi S., 2008. "An economic analysis of the optimal information security investment in the case of a risk-averse firm," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 793-804, August.
- Jean Baccelli & Philippe Mongin, 2016.
"Choice-based cardinal utility: a tribute to Patrick Suppes,"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 268-288, July.
- Jean Baccelli & Philippe Mongin, 2016. "Choice-Based Cardinal Utility: a tribute to Patrick Suppes," Post-Print hal-01462299, HAL.
- Mongin , Philippe & Baccelli , Jean, 2016. "Choice - Based Cardinal Utility. A Tribute to Patrick Suppes," HEC Research Papers Series 1125, HEC Paris.
- Marc Le Menestrel & Luk Van Wassenhove, 2001.
"The Domain and Interpretation of Utility Functions: An Exploration,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 329-349, December.
- Marc Le Menestrel & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2001. "The domain and interpretation of utility functions: An exploration," Economics Working Papers 576, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Mehrez, Abraham, 1997. "The interface between OR/MS and decision theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 38-47, May.
- Michaël Lainé, 2014. "Vers une alternative au paradigme de la rationalité ? Victoires et déboires du programme spinoziste en économie," Post-Print hal-01335618, HAL.
- Bleichrodt, Han, 1997. "Health utility indices and equity considerations," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 65-91, February.
- Tsaur, Ruey-Chyn, 2013. "Fuzzy portfolio model with different investor risk attitudes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(2), pages 385-390.
- Mohammed Abdellaoui & Han Bleichrodt & Olivier l’Haridon, 2013. "Sign-dependence in intertemporal choice," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 225-253, December.
- Louis Raymond Eeckhoudt & Elisa Pagani & Eugenio Peluso, 2017. "Multidimensional Risk Aversion: The Cardinal Sin," Working Papers 12/2017, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Yanick Farmer, 2015. "Using vNM expected utility theory to facilitate the decision-making in social ethics," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(10), pages 1307-1319, November.
- Dorian Jullien, 2017.
"Under Risk, Over Time, Regarding Other People: Language and Rationality Within Three Dimensions
[Face au risque, dans le temps, par rapport aux autres : langage et rationalité dans trois dimensions," Post-Print halshs-01651042, HAL.
- Abellan-Perpiñan, Jose Maria & Bleichrodt, Han & Pinto-Prades, Jose Luis, 2009. "The predictive validity of prospect theory versus expected utility in health utility measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1039-1047, December.
- Marc Le Menestrel, 2001. "A Process Approach to the Utility for Gambling," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 249-262, May.
- Carlo Zappia, 2015. "Daniel Ellsberg on the Ellsberg Paradox," Department of Economics University of Siena 716, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrisku:v:2:y:1989:i:2:p:127-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.