A General Method of Deriving the Inefficiencies of Banks from a Profit Function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basmann, R. L., 1988. "Causality tests and observationally equivalent representations of econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 69-104.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1996.
"The Effects of Megamergers on Efficiency and Prices: Evidence from a Bank Profit Function,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
96-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "The effects of megamergers on efficiency and prices: evidence from a bank profit function," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Swamy, P A V B & Tavlas, George S, 1995.
" Random Coefficient Models: Theory and Applications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 165-196, June.
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 1993. "Random coefficient models: theory and applications," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Von Zur Muehlen, Peter, 1988.
"Further thoughts on testing for causality with econometric models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 105-147.
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & Peter von zur Muehlen, 1987. "Further thoughts on testing for casuality with econometric models," Special Studies Papers 211, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pratt, John W. & Schlaifer, Robert, 1988. "On the interpretation and observation of laws," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 23-52.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hancock, Diana & Humphrey, David B., 1993. "Bank efficiency derived from the profit function," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 317-347, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dias, Weeratilake, 1998. "Productivity And Efficiency Of Agricultural And Non Agricultural Banks In The United States: Dea Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20845, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chung-Hua Shen, 2005. "Cost efficiency and banking performances in a partial universal banking system: application of the panel smooth threshold model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 993-1009.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsieh, Meng-Fen, 2013. "The impact of bank capital on profitability and risk in Asian banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 251-281.
- Margono, Heru & Sharma, Subhash C. & Melvin II, Paul D., 2010. "Cost efficiency, economies of scale, technological progress and productivity in Indonesian banks," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 53-65, February.
- DeYoung, Robert & Spong, Kenneth & Sullivan, Richard J., 2001. "Who's minding the store? Motivating and monitoring hired managers at small, closely held commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1209-1243, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; profit function; Hotelling-like lemma; X-inefficiencies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:8:y:1997:i:1:p:71-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.