A General Method of Deriving the Inefficiencies of Banks from a Profit Function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basmann, R. L., 1988. "Causality tests and observationally equivalent representations of econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 69-104.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1996.
"The Effects of Megamergers on Efficiency and Prices: Evidence from a Bank Profit Function,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
96-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "The effects of megamergers on efficiency and prices: evidence from a bank profit function," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Swamy, P A V B & Tavlas, George S, 1995.
" Random Coefficient Models: Theory and Applications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 165-196, June.
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 1993. "Random coefficient models: theory and applications," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Von Zur Muehlen, Peter, 1988.
"Further thoughts on testing for causality with econometric models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 105-147.
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & Peter von zur Muehlen, 1987. "Further thoughts on testing for casuality with econometric models," Special Studies Papers 211, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pratt, John W. & Schlaifer, Robert, 1988. "On the interpretation and observation of laws," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 23-52.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hancock, Diana & Humphrey, David B., 1993. "Bank efficiency derived from the profit function," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 317-347, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dias, Weeratilake, 1998. "Productivity And Efficiency Of Agricultural And Non Agricultural Banks In The United States: Dea Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20845, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chung-Hua Shen, 2005. "Cost efficiency and banking performances in a partial universal banking system: application of the panel smooth threshold model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 993-1009.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsieh, Meng-Fen, 2013. "The impact of bank capital on profitability and risk in Asian banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 251-281.
- Margono, Heru & Sharma, Subhash C. & Melvin II, Paul D., 2010. "Cost efficiency, economies of scale, technological progress and productivity in Indonesian banks," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 53-65.
- DeYoung, Robert & Spong, Kenneth & Sullivan, Richard J., 2001. "Who's minding the store? Motivating and monitoring hired managers at small, closely held commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1209-1243, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; profit function; Hotelling-like lemma; X-inefficiencies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:8:y:1997:i:1:p:71-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .