Should the Power to Redistribute Income be (De-)Centralized? An Example
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bolton, Patrick & Roland, Gerard, 1996. "Distributional Conflicts, Factor Mobility, and Political Integration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 99-104, May.
- Wildasin, David E, 1991. "Income Redistribution in a Common Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 757-774, September.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309-309.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1994. "Does centralization increase the size of government?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 765-773, April.
- Epple, Dennis & Romer, Thomas, 1991. "Mobility and Redistribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 828-858, August.
- Epple, Dennis & Filimon, Radu & Romer, Thomas, 1984. "Equilibrium among local jurisdictions: toward an integrated treatment of voting and residential choice," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 281-308, August.
- Roberts, Kevin W. S., 1977. "Voting over income tax schedules," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 329-340, December.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- Patrick J. Kehoe, 1989. "Policy Cooperation Among Benevolent Governments May Be Undesirable," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 289-296.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koethenbuerger, Marko, 2014.
"Competition for migrants in a federation: Tax or transfer competition?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 110-118.
- Marko Köthenbürger, 2012. "Competition for Migrants in a Federation: Tax or Transfer Competition?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3709, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marko Koethenbuerger, 2012. "Competition for Migrants in a Federation: Tax or Transfer Competition?," EPRU Working Paper Series 2012-01, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Kira Boerner & Silke Uebelmesser, 2007.
"Migration and the welfare state: The economic power of the non-voter?,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 14(1), pages 93-111, February.
- Boerner, Kira & Uebelmesser, Silke, 2005. "Migration and the Welfare State: The Economic Power of the Non-Voter?," Discussion Papers in Economics 728, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Börner, Kira & Uebelmesser, Silke, 2005. "Migration and the Welfare State: The Economic Power of the Non-Voter?," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 154, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Kira Boerner & Silke Übelmesser, 2005. "Migration and the Welfare State: The Economic Power of the Non-Voter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1517, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hikaru Ogawa, 2001. "Allocation of authority under central grants," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 159-172, July.
- Feld, Lars P, 2000. "Tax Competition and Income Redistribution: An Empirical Analysis for Switzerland," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 105(1-2), pages 125-164, October.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome Redistribution; Mobility; Majority Voting; Fiscal Federalism;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:4:y:1997:i:4:p:453-461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.