Surgical block scheduling in a system of hospitals: an application to resource and wait list management in a British Columbia health authority
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blake, John T. & Carter, Michael W., 2002. "A goal programming approach to strategic resource allocation in acute care hospitals," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(3), pages 541-561, August.
- Guinet, Alain & Chaabane, Sondes, 2003. "Operating theatre planning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 69-81, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:258:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2172-x is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:1:p:194-206 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Samudra & Carla Van Riet & Erik Demeulemeester & Brecht Cardoen & Nancy Vansteenkiste & Frank E. Rademakers, 2016. "Scheduling operating rooms: achievements, challenges and pitfalls," Journal of Scheduling, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 493-525, October.
- Choi, Sangdo & Wilhelm, Wilbert E., 2014. "An approach to optimize block surgical schedules," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(1), pages 138-148.
- Cappanera, Paola & Visintin, Filippo & Banditori, Carlo, 2014. "Comparing resource balancing criteria in master surgical scheduling: A combined optimisation-simulation approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 179-196.
- Astaraky, Davood & Patrick, Jonathan, 2015. "A simulation based approximate dynamic programming approach to multi-class, multi-resource surgical scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(1), pages 309-319.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:3:p:870-883 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fügener, Andreas & Hans, Erwin W. & Kolisch, Rainer & Kortbeek, Nikky & Vanberkel, Peter T., 2014. "Master surgery scheduling with consideration of multiple downstream units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(1), pages 227-236.
- Vijayakumar, Bharathwaj & Parikh, Pratik J. & Scott, Rosalyn & Barnes, April & Gallimore, Jennie, 2013. "A dual bin-packing approach to scheduling surgical cases at a publicly-funded hospital," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(3), pages 583-591.
- Roshanaei, Vahid & Luong, Curtiss & Aleman, Dionne M. & Urbach, David, 2017. "Propagating logic-based Benders’ decomposition approaches for distributed operating room scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(2), pages 439-455.
- Xiangyong Li & N. Rafaliya & M. Fazle Baki & Ben A. Chaouch, 2017. "Scheduling elective surgeries: the tradeoff among bed capacity, waiting patients and operating room utilization using goal programming," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 33-54, March.
- Antoine Legrain & Marie-Andrée Fortin & Nadia Lahrichi & Louis-Martin Rousseau, 2015. "Online stochastic optimization of radiotherapy patient scheduling," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 110-123, June.
- Cardoen, Brecht & Demeulemeester, Erik & Beliën, Jeroen, 2010. "Operating room planning and scheduling: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(3), pages 921-932, March.
- Silva, Thiago A.O. & de Souza, Mauricio C. & Saldanha, Rodney R. & Burke, Edmund K., 2015. "Surgical scheduling with simultaneous employment of specialised human resources," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(3), pages 719-730.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth care; Hospitals; Operating rooms; Wait list management; Surgical scheduling; Programming; Optimization; Integer; Applications;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:hcarem:v:10:y:2007:i:3:p:269-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.