The Impact of Derivatives Activity on Commercial Banks: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 17 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102851|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald Morgan & Kevin Stiroh, 2001. "Market Discipline of Banks: The Asset Test," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 195-208, October.
- DeYoung, Robert & Roland, Karin P., 2001. "Product Mix and Earnings Volatility at Commercial Banks: Evidence from a Degree of Total Leverage Model," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 54-84, January.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Smith, Clifford Jr., 1997. "Derivatives regulation: Implications for central banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 305-346, October.
- Hassan, M. Kabir, 1993. "The off-balance sheet banking risk of large U.S. commercial banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 51-69.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, .
"Banks and Derivatives,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
06-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton & Richard J. Rosen, 1995. "Banks and derivatives," Working Papers 95-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1995. "Banks and Derivatives," NBER Working Papers 5100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1995. "Banks and Derivatives," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-07, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, . "Banks and Derivatives," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 6-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1993.
"Bank regulation and the credit crunch,"
93-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- David Carter & Joseph Sinkey, 1998. "The Use of Interest Rate Derivatives by End-users: The Case of Large Community Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 17-34, July.
- Instefjord, Norvald, 2005. "Risk and hedging: Do credit derivatives increase bank risk?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 333-345, February.
- Kwast, Myron L., 1989. "The impact of underwriting and dealing on bank returns and risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-125, March.
- Lawrence M. Benveniste & Allen N. Berger, 1986. "An empirical analysis of standby letters of credit," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 85, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Simon H. Kwan, 1998. "Risk and return of banks' Section 20 securities affiliates," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue oct23.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1997.
"New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks,"
1997-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2001. "New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 653-674, June.
- Jagtiani, Julapa & Saunders, Anthony & Udell, Gregory, 1995. "The effect of bank capital requirements on bank off-balance sheet financial innovations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 647-658, June.
- Guay, Wayne R., 1999. "The impact of derivatives on firm risk: An empirical examination of new derivative users1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 319-351, January.
- G. D. Koppenhaver, 1990. "An empirical analysis of bank hedging in futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 1-12, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:apfinm:v:17:y:2010:i:3:p:303-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.