Some Psychological Causes Of The Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cass R. Sunstein & Richard H. Thaler, 2003. "Libertarian paternalism is not an oxymoron," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 48(Jun).
- Jermias, Johnny, 2001. "Cognitive dissonance and resistance to change: the influence of commitment confirmation and feedback on judgment usefulness of accounting systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 141-160, March.
- Glaeser, Edward L., 2006. "Paternalism and Psychology," Working Paper Series rwp06-006, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Tversky, Amos & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Anomalies: Preference Reversals," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 201-211, Spring.
- Bruce Ian Carlin & Simon Gervais & Gustavo Manso, 2013. "Libertarian Paternalism, Information Production, and Financial Decision Making," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(9), pages 2204-2228.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brown, Jeffrey R. & Farrell, Anne M. & Weisbenner, Scott J., 2016.
"Decision-making approaches and the propensity to default: Evidence and implications,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 477-495.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Anne M. Farrell & Scott J. Weisbenner, 2015. "Decision-Making Approaches and the Propensity to Default: Evidence and Implications," NBER Working Papers 20949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2017. "Soft paternalism, merit goods, and normative individualism," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 125-152, February.
- Ross Guest, 2010. "Policy Forum: Saving for Retirement: Policy Options to Increase Retirement Saving in Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 43(3), pages 293-301, September.
- Schnellenbach, Jan, 2012. "Nudges and norms: On the political economy of soft paternalism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 266-277.
- Schnellenbach, Jan & Schubert, Christian, 2015. "Behavioral political economy: A survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 395-417.
- Floris Heukelom, 2007. "Who are the Behavioral Economists and what do they say?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-020/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van Dalen, H.P. & Henkens, K. & Koedijk, C.G. & Slager, A.M.H., 2010.
"Decision Making in the Pension Fund Board Room : An Experiment with Dutch Pension Fund Trustees,"
2010-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Dalen, H.P. & Henkens, K. & Koedijk, C.G. & Slager, A.M.H., 2010. "Decision Making in the Pension Fund Board Room : An Experiment with Dutch Pension Fund Trustees," Other publications TiSEM 97ae7b96-2f6d-4cec-966f-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bünger Björn & Prinz Aloys, 2010. "Staatliche Glücksförderung? Karl Popper, Richard Layard und das Rauchen / Should public policy pursue happiness? Karl Popper, Richard Layard and smoking," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 61(1), pages 169-190, January.
- Kirchgässner, Gebhard, 2012. "Sanfter Paternalismus, meritorische Güter, und der normative Individualismus," Economics Working Paper Series 1217, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Niclas Berggren, 2012.
"Time for behavioral political economy? An analysis of articles in behavioral economics,"
The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 199-221, September.
- Berggren, Niclas, 2011. "Time for behavioral political economy? An analysis of articles in behavioral economics," Ratio Working Papers 166, The Ratio Institute.
- Dold, Malte, 2015. "Condorcet's jury theorem as a rational justification of soft paternalistic consumer policies," Discussion Paper Series 2015-07, University of Freiburg, Wilfried Guth Endowed Chair for Constitutional Political Economy and Competition Policy.
- Pavel Pelikán, 2010. "The Government Economic Agenda in a Society of Unequally Rational Individuals," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 231-255, May.
- Martin Binder & Leonhard K. Lades, 2015.
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 3-27, February.
- Martin Binder & Leonhard K. Lades, 2013. "Autonomy-enhancing paternalism," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2013-04, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Martin Binder & Leonhard K. Lades, 2014. "Autonomy-enhancing Paternalism," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_800, Levy Economics Institute.
- Binder, Martin & Lades, Leonhard, 2014. "Autonomy-enhancing paternalism," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2014-09, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Binder, Martin & Lades, Leonhard K, 2014. "Autonomy-enhancing paternalism," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-02, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Kaisa Kotakorpi, 2009. "Paternalism and Tax Competition," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(1), pages 125-149, March.
- Christian Schubert, 2015. "On the ethics of public nudging: Autonomy and Agency," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201533, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Samuel Ferey & Yannick Gabuthy & Nicolas Jacquemet, 2013.
"L'apport de l'économie expérimentale dans l'élaboration des politiques publiques,"
PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique"
- Samuel Ferey & Yannick Gabuthy & Nicolas Jacquemet, 2013. "L'apport de l'économie expérimentale dans l'élaboration des politiques publiques," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00879205, HAL.
- Samuel Ferey & Yannick Gabuthy & Nicolas Jacquemet, 2013. "L'apport de l'économie expérimentale dans l'élaboration des politiques publiques," Post-Print halshs-00879205, HAL.
- Jan Schnellenbach, 2016.
"A Constitutional Economics Perspective on Soft Paternalism,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(1), pages 135-156, February.
- Schnellenbach, Jan, 2015. "A constitutional economics perspective on soft paternalism," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 15/02, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Binder, Martin & Lades, Leonhard K, 2014. "Autonomy-enhancing paternalism," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 2015-02, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wolfgang Kerber, 2014. "Soft Paternalismus und Verbraucherpolitik," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201449, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Schubert, Christian, 2017. "Green nudges: Do they work? Are they ethical?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 329-342.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial crisis; bounded rationality; behavioural economics; liberalization;
All these keywords.
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2015:v:7:i:2:p:276-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alupului Ciprian). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.