Identifying Good Nursing Levels: A Queuing Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lapierre, Sophie D. & Goldsman, David & Cochran, Roger & DuBow, Janice, 1999. "Bed allocation techniques based on census data," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 25-38, March.
- Holmes E. Miller & William P. Pierskalla & Gustave J. Rath, 1976. "Nurse Scheduling Using Mathematical Programming," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(5), pages 857-870, October.
- Jaumard, Brigitte & Semet, Frederic & Vovor, Tsevi, 1998. "A generalized linear programming model for nurse scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 1-18, May.
- Linda V. Green & Peter J. Kolesar, 2004. "ANNIVERSARY ARTICLE: Improving Emergency Responsiveness with Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1001-1014, August.
- John C. Hershey & Elliott N. Weiss & Morris A. Cohen, 1981. "A Stochastic Service Network Model with Application to Hospital Facilities," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 1-22, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carri W. Chan & Vivek F. Farias & Nicholas Bambos & Gabriel J. Escobar, 2012. "Optimizing Intensive Care Unit Discharge Decisions with Patient Readmissions," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 60(6), pages 1323-1341, December.
- Hideaki Takagi & Yuta Kanai & Kazuo Misue, 2017. "Queueing network model for obstetric patient flow in a hospital," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 433-451, September.
- René Bekker & Dennis Moeke & Bas Schmidt, 2019. "Keeping pace with the ebbs and flows in daily nursing home operations," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 350-363, June.
- Linda V. Green & Sergei Savin & Nicos Savva, 2013. "“Nursevendor Problem”: Personnel Staffing in the Presence of Endogenous Absenteeism," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(10), pages 2237-2256, October.
- Carmen, Raïsa & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke & Van Houdt, Benny, 2018. "Inpatient boarding in emergency departments: Impact on patient delays and system capacity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 271(3), pages 953-967.
- Wu, Xiaodan & Li, Juan & Chu, Chao-Hsien, 2019. "Modeling multi-stage healthcare systems with service interactions under blocking for bed allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 278(3), pages 927-941.
- Ingolfsson, Armann & Almehdawe, Eman & Pedram, Ali & Tran, Monica, 2020. "Comparison of fluid approximations for service systems with state-dependent service rates and return probabilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 283(2), pages 562-575.
- Pengyi Shi & Mabel C. Chou & J. G. Dai & Ding Ding & Joe Sim, 2016. "Models and Insights for Hospital Inpatient Operations: Time-Dependent ED Boarding Time," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Yue Zhang & Martin L. Puterman & Matthew Nelson & Derek Atkins, 2012. "A Simulation Optimization Approach to Long-Term Care Capacity Planning," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 60(2), pages 249-261, April.
- Carri W. Chan & Galit Yom-Tov & Gabriel Escobar, 2014. "When to Use Speedup: An Examination of Service Systems with Returns," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 462-482, April.
- Kauhanen, Antti & Kulvik, Martti & Kulvik, Silja & Maijanen, Sirpa & Martikainen, Olli & Ranta, Paula, 2013. "Resource allocation in health care processes: A case study," ETLA Working Papers 10, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
Keywordsfinite capacity model; queueing model; nurse staffing; emergency room overcrowding; hospital applications;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:59:y:2011:i:4:p:942-955. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.