Stochastic Root Finding and Efficient Estimation of Convex Risk Measures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeff Linderoth & Alexander Shapiro & Stephen Wright, 2006. "The empirical behavior of sampling methods for stochastic programming," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 215-241, February.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Stefan Weber, 2006. "Distribution‐Invariant Risk Measures, Information, And Dynamic Consistency," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 419-441, April.
- Paul Glasserman & Wanmo Kang & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2008. "Fast Simulation of Multifactor Portfolio Credit Risk," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 1200-1217, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhaolin Hu & Dali Zhang, 2018. "Utility‐based shortfall risk: Efficient computations via Monte Carlo," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 65(5), pages 378-392, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Parrini, Alessandro, 2013. "Importance Sampling for Portfolio Credit Risk in Factor Copula Models," MPRA Paper 103745, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Steven Kou & Xianhua Peng, 2016. "On the Measurement of Economic Tail Risk," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 64(5), pages 1056-1072, October.
- William B. Haskell & Wenjie Huang & Huifu Xu, 2018. "Preference Elicitation and Robust Optimization with Multi-Attribute Quasi-Concave Choice Functions," Papers 1805.06632, arXiv.org.
- Ruodu Wang & Yunran Wei, 2020. "Risk functionals with convex level sets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 1337-1367, October.
- Liu, Peng & Wang, Ruodu & Wei, Linxiao, 2020. "Is the inf-convolution of law-invariant preferences law-invariant?," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 144-154.
- Masato Wada & Felipe Delgado & Bernardo K. Pagnoncelli, 2017. "A risk averse approach to the capacity allocation problem in the airline cargo industry," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 68(6), pages 643-651, June.
- Schur, Rouven & Gönsch, Jochen & Hassler, Michael, 2019. "Time-consistent, risk-averse dynamic pricing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 277(2), pages 587-603.
- Samuel Drapeau & Michael Kupper, 2013. "Risk Preferences and Their Robust Representation," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 38(1), pages 28-62, February.
- Mohamed A. Ayadi & Hatem Ben-Ameur & Nabil Channouf & Quang Khoi Tran, 2019. "NORTA for portfolio credit risk," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 281(1), pages 99-119, October.
- Domenico Cuoco & Hua He & Sergei Isaenko, 2008.
"Optimal Dynamic Trading Strategies with Risk Limits,"
Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(2), pages 358-368, April.
- Domenico Cuoco & Hua He & Sergei Issaenko, 2001. "Optimal Dynamic rading Strategies with Risk Limits," FAME Research Paper Series rp60, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Domenico Cuoco & Hua He & Sergei Isaenko, 2004. "Optimal Dynamic Trading Strategies with Risk Limits," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2567, Yale School of Management.
- Tadese, Mekonnen & Drapeau, Samuel, 2020. "Relative bound and asymptotic comparison of expectile with respect to expected shortfall," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 387-399.
- Tobias Fissler & Jana Hlavinová & Birgit Rudloff, 2021. "Elicitability and identifiability of set-valued measures of systemic risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 133-165, January.
- Philpott, A.B. & de Matos, V.L., 2012. "Dynamic sampling algorithms for multi-stage stochastic programs with risk aversion," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 470-483.
- Gundel, Anne & Weber, Stefan, 2008. "Utility maximization under a shortfall risk constraint," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1126-1151, December.
- Alexander S. Cherny, 2009. "Capital Allocation And Risk Contribution With Discrete‐Time Coherent Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 13-40, January.
- Antonio Díaz & Gonzalo García-Donato & Andrés Mora-Valencia, 2019. "Quantifying Risk in Traditional Energy and Sustainable Investments," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-22, January.
- So Yeon Chun & Alexander Shapiro & Stan Uryasev, 2012.
"Conditional Value-at-Risk and Average Value-at-Risk: Estimation and Asymptotics,"
Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 60(4), pages 739-756, August.
- Chun, So Yeon & Shapiro, Alexander & Uryasev, Stan, 2011. "Conditional Value-at-Risk and Average Value-at-Risk: Estimation and Asymptotics," MPRA Paper 30132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samuel Drapeau & Mekonnen Tadese, 2019. "Dual Representation of Expectile based Expected Shortfall and Its Properties," Papers 1911.03245, arXiv.org.
- Daniel Lacker, 2015. "Law invariant risk measures and information divergences," Papers 1510.07030, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2016.
- Liu, Fangda & Cai, Jun & Lemieux, Christiane & Wang, Ruodu, 2020. "Convex risk functionals: Representation and applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 66-79.
More about this item
Keywordsconvex risk measures; shortfall risk; stochastic approximation; stochastic root finding; importance sampling; exponential twisting; portfolio credit risk management;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:58:y:2010:i:5:p:1505-1521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.