Stock Rationing in an M/E k /1 Make-to-Stock Queue
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morris A. Cohen & Paul R. Kleindorfer & Hau L. Lee, 1988. "Service Constrained (s, S) Inventory Systems with Priority Demand Classes and Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(4), pages 482-499, April.
- Paul H. Zipkin, 1995. "Performance Analysis of a Multi-Item Production-Inventory System Under Alternative Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(4), pages 690-703, April.
- Donald M. Topkis, 1968. "Optimal Ordering and Rationing Policies in a Nonstationary Dynamic Inventory Model with n Demand Classes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(3), pages 160-176, November.
- Raman K. Nurani & Sridhar Seshadri & J. George Shanthikumar, 1997. "Optimal Control of a Single Stage Production System Subject to Random Process Shifts," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 713-724, October.
- David A. Collier, 1982. "Aggregate Safety Stock Levels and Component Part Commonality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(11), pages 1296-1303, November.
- Steven Nahmias & W. Steven Demmy, 1981. "Operating Characteristics of an Inventory System with Rationing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(11), pages 1236-1245, November.
- Felipe K. Tan, 1974. "Optimal Policies for a Multi-Echelon Inventory Problem with Periodic Ordering," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(7), pages 1104-1111, March.
- Albert Y. Ha, 1997. "Inventory Rationing in a Make-to-Stock Production System with Several Demand Classes and Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(8), pages 1093-1103, August.
- Kenneth R. Baker & Michael J. Magazine & Henry L. W. Nuttle, 1986. "The Effect of Commonality on Safety Stock in a Simple Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 982-988, August.
- Yigal Gerchak & Michael J. Magazine & A. Bruce Gamble, 1988. "Component Commonality with Service Level Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(6), pages 753-760, June.
- Peter L. Jackson, 1988. "Stock Allocation in a Two-Echelon Distribution System Or "What to Do Until Your Ship Comes In"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 880-895, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Jeong Eun & Hong, Yushin, 2003. "A stock rationing policy in a (s,S)-controlled stochastic production system with 2-phase Coxian processing times and lost sales," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 299-307, March.
- Teunter, Ruud H. & Klein Haneveld, Willem K., 2008. "Dynamic inventory rationing strategies for inventory systems with two demand classes, Poisson demand and backordering," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(1), pages 156-178, October.
- Melchiors, Philip, 2003. "Restricted time-remembering policies for the inventory rationing problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 461-468, January.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:241:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-013-1311-x is not listed on IDEAS
- FadIloglu, Mehmet Murat & Bulut, Önder, 2010. "A dynamic rationing policy for continuous-review inventory systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(3), pages 675-685, May.
- ElHafsi, Mohsen & Camus, Herve & Craye, Etienne, 2010. "Managing an integrated production inventory system with information on the production and demand status and multiple non-unitary demand classes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 986-1001, December.
- Foreest, N. D. van & Wijngaard, J., 2010. "On the Optimal Policy for the Single-product Inventory Problem with Set-up Cost and a Restricted Production Capacity," Research Report 10005, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Xu, Jianjun & Serrano, Alejandro & Lin, Bing, 2017. "Optimal production and rationing policy of two-stage tandem production system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 185(C), pages 100-112.
- Akinc, Umit & Meredith, Jack, 2009. "Modeling the manager's match-or-wait dilemma in a make-to-forecast production situation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 300-311, April.
- Jang, Wooseung & Kim, Dongwon, 2007. "Integrated production and allocation policies with one direct shipping option," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 716-732, September.
- Feng, Jiejian & Zhang, Michael, 2017. "Dynamic quotation of leadtime and price for a Make-To-Order system with multiple customer classes and perfect information on customer preferences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(1), pages 334-342.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:10005 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samii, Amir-Behzad, 2016. "Impact of nested inventory allocation policies in a newsvendor setting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 247-256.
- Bijvank, Marco & Vis, Iris F.A., 2011. "Lost-sales inventory theory: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(1), pages 1-13, November.
- P. Escalona & F. Ordóñez & I. Kauak, 2017. "Critical level rationing in inventory systems with continuously distributed demand," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 39(1), pages 273-301, January.
- Kim, Eungab & Park, Taeho, 2016. "Admission and inventory control of a single-component make-to-order production system with replenishment setup cost and lead time," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(1), pages 91-102.
More about this item
KeywordsInventory/Production; Inventory Rationing; Dynamic Programming/Optimal Control; Applications;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:1:p:77-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.