Lotsizing and Scheduling on Parallel Machines with Sequence-Dependent Setup Costs
Industrial lotsizing and scheduling pose very difficult analytical problems. We propose an unconventional model that deals with sequence-dependent setup costs in a multiple-machine environment. The sequence-splitting model splits an entire schedule into subsequences, leading to tractable subproblems. An optimization approach based on a column generation/branch and bound methodology is developed, and heuristically adapted to test problems including five real-world problem instances gathered from industry.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fleischmann, Bernhard, 1994. "The discrete lot-sizing and scheduling problem with sequence-dependent setup costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 395-404, June.
- William W. Trigeiro & L. Joseph Thomas & John O. McClain, 1989. "Capacitated Lot Sizing with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 353-366, March.
- Marc Salomon & Leo G. Kroon & Roelof Kuik & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 1991. "Some Extensions of the Discrete Lotsizing and Scheduling Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(7), pages 801-812, July.
- Dirk Cattrysse & Marc Salomon & Roelof Kuik & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 1993. "A Dual Ascent and Column Generation Heuristic for the Discrete Lotsizing and Scheduling Problem with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(4), pages 477-486, April.
- Fleischmann, Bernhard, 1990. "The discrete lot-sizing and scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 337-348, February.
- Fleischmann, B. & Meyr, H., 1997. "The General Lotsizing and Scheduling Problem," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 36068, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:2:p:273-289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.