Behavior-Based Discrimination: Is It a Winning Play, and If So, When?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuxin Chen & Jinhong Xie, 2007. "Cross-Market Network Effect with Asymmetric Customer Loyalty: Implications for Competitive Advantage," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 52-66, 01-02.
- Asena Caner & Edward N. Wolff, 2002. "Asset Poverty in the United States, 1984-1999: Evidence from the Panel Study of Income Dynamics," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_356, Levy Economics Institute.
- Yongmin Chen, 1997. "Paying Customers to Switch," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 877-897, December.
- Taylor, Curtis R, 2003.
" Supplier Surfing: Competition and Consumer Behavior in Subscription Markets,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 223-246.
- Taylor, Curtis R., 2000. "Supplier Surfing: Competition and Consumer Behavior in Subscription Markets," Working Papers 00-12, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 2000. "Customer Poaching and Brand Switching," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 634-657.
- Yuxin Chen & Ganesh Iyer, 2002. "Research Note Consumer Addressability and Customized Pricing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(2), pages 197-208, November.
- Anne Krueger & Aaron Tornell, 1999.
"The Role of Bank Restructuring in Recovering from Crises: Mexico 1995-98,"
NBER Working Papers
7042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1999. "Customer Poaching and Brand Switching," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1871, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Vives, Xavier, 1988. "On the Strategic Choice of Spatial Price Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 122-137.
- Niladri B. Syam & Ranran Ruan & James D. Hess, 2005. "Customized Products: A Competitive Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 569-584, February.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2004.
"Price Cycles in Markets with Customer Recognition,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 486-501.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2002. "Exploiting Future Settlements: A Signalling Model of Most-Favored-Nation Clauses In Settlement Bargaining," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0221, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Oct 2002.
- Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Vives, Xavier, 1988.
"On the Strategic Choice of Spatial Price Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 122-137.
- Thisse, J.-F. & Vives, X., 1987. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers 1987008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- THISSE, Jacques-François & VIVES, Xavier, 1988. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers RP 793, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Alessandro Acquisti & Hal R. Varian, 2005. "Conditioning Prices on Purchase History," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 367-381, May.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 1999. "Dynamic Competition with Customer Recognition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 604-631.
- Neeraj Arora & Ty Henderson, 2007. "Embedded Premium Promotion: Why It Works and How to Make It More Effective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(4), pages 514-531, 07-08.
- Taylor Randall & Christian Terwiesch & Karl T. Ulrich, 2007. "Research Note—User Design of Customized Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 268-280, 03-04.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mengze Shi, 2013. "A theoretical analysis of endogenous and exogenous switching costs," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, pages 205-230.
- Jiwoong Shin & K. Sudhir & Dae-Hee Yoon, 2012. "When to "Fire" Customers: Customer Cost-Based Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 932-947.
- Brokesova, Zuzana & Deck, Cary & Peliova, Jana, 2014. "Experimenting with purchase history based price discrimination," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, pages 229-237.
- Zuzana Brokesova & Cary Deck & Jana Peliova, 2014. "Experimenting with Behavior Based Pricing," Working Papers 14-12, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Jan Bouckaert & Hans Degryse & Theon Dijk, 2013.
"Bertrand Competition with an Asymmetric No-discrimination Constraint,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 62-83, March.
- BOUCKAERT, Jan & DEGRYSE, Hans & VAN DIJK; Theon, 2012. "Bertrand competition with an asymmetric no-discrimination constraint," Working Papers 2012006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Bouckaert, J.M.C. & Degryse, H.A. & van Dijk, T., 2012. "Bertrand Competition with an Asymmetric No-Discrimination Constraint," Discussion Paper 2012-009, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Bouckaert & Hans Degryse & Theon van Dijk, 2012. "Betrand Competition with an Asymmetric No-discrimination Constraint," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 23, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Bouckaert, J.M.C. & Degryse, H.A. & van Dijk, T., 2012. "Bertrand Competition with an Asymmetric No-Discrimination Constraint," Discussion Paper 2012-004, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Bernard Caillaud & Romain De Nijs, 2011.
"Strategic loyalty reward in dynamic price Discrimination,"
PSE Working Papers
- Bernard Caillaud & Romain De Nijs, 2014. "Strategic Loyalty Reward in Dynamic Price Discrimination," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01109042, HAL.
- Raphael Thomadsen & Robert Zeithammer & Ganesh Iyer & Dina Mayzlin & Yesim Orhun & Amit Pazgal & Devavrat Purohit & Ram Rao & Michael Riordan & Jiwoong Shin & Monic Sun & Miguel Villas-Boas, 2012. "A reflection on analytical work in marketing: Three points of consensus," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 381-389, June.
- Iris Vilnai-Yavetz & Shaked Gilboa, 2014. "The cost (and the value) of customer attire: linking high- and low-end dress styles to service quality and prices offered by service employees," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, pages 355-373.
- repec:kap:qmktec:v:15:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11129-017-9181-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juanjuan Zhang, 2011. "The Perils of Behavior-Based Personalization," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 170-186.
- Jiwoong Shin & K. Sudhir, 2010. "A Customer Management Dilemma: When Is It Profitable to Reward One's Own Customers?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 671-689.
More about this item
Keywordsdynamic games; price discrimination; customer data; product design;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:27:y:2008:i:6:p:977-994. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.