Benefits of Channel Discord in the Sale of Durable Goods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Preyas Desai & Oded Koenigsberg & Devavrat Purohit, 2004. "Strategic Decentralization and Channel Coordination," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 5-22, March.
- Timothy W. McGuire & Richard Staelin, 1983. "An Industry Equilibrium Analysis of Downstream Vertical Integration," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 161-191.
- Arturs Kalnins, 2004. "An Empirical Analysis of Territorial Encroachment Within Franchised and Company-Owned Branded Chains," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 476-489, September.
- Abel P. Jeuland & Steven M. Shugan, 1988. "Reply To: Managing Channel Profits: Comment," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 103-106.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy, 1987. "Comment—Managing Channel Profits: Comment," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 375-379.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 1998. "Product Line Design for a Distribution Channel," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 156-169.
- Ramarao Desiraju, 2004. "Costs and Benefits of Inducing Intrabrand Competition: The Role of Limited Liability," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 429-450, March.
- Jagmohan Raju & Z. John Zhang, 2005. "Channel Coordination in the Presence of a Dominant Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 254-262, February.
- Joseph J. Spengler, 1950. "Vertical Integration and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 347-347.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gérard P. Cachon & A. Gürhan Kök, 2010. "Competing Manufacturers in a Retail Supply Chain: On Contractual Form and Coordination," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(3), pages 571-589, March.
- Noah Lim & Teck-Hua Ho, 2007. "Designing Price Contracts for Boundedly Rational Customers: Does the Number of Blocks Matter?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 312-326, 05-06.
- Bian, Junsong & Guo, Xiaolei & Li, Kevin W., 2015. "Distribution channel strategies in a mixed market," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 13-24.
- Sreekumar R. Bhaskaran & Stephen M. Gilbert, 2009. "Implications of Channel Structure for Leasing or Selling Durable Goods," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 918-934, 09-10.
- Ramesh Sankaranarayanan, 2007. "Innovation and the Durable Goods Monopolist: The Optimality of Frequent New-Version Releases," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 774-791, 11-12.
- Andrei Bazhanov & Yuri Levin & Mikhail Nediak, 2019. "Resale Price Maintenance with Strategic Customers," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 28(3), pages 535-549, March.
- Gregory E. Goering, 2012. "Taxation and Durable-Goods Monopoly: Does a Current Tax Influence Firm Behavior?," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 2, pages 20-28, August.
- Bian, Junsong & Guo, Xiaolei & Li, Kevin W., 2018. "Decentralization or integration: Distribution channel selection under environmental taxation," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 170-193.
- Jiwoong Shin, 2007. "How Does Free Riding on Customer Service Affect Competition?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(4), pages 488-503, 07-08.
- Abel P. Jeuland & Steven M. Shugan, 2008. "Commentary—Managing Channel Profits," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 49-51, 01-02.
- Xuanming Su & Fuqiang Zhang, 2008. "Strategic Customer Behavior, Commitment, and Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(10), pages 1759-1773, October.
- Kogan, Konstantin, 2011. "Second-Hand Markets and Intrasupply Chain Competition," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 489-501.
- Yang, Daojian & Qi, Ershi & Li, Yajiao, 2015. "Quick response and supply chain structure with strategic consumers," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-14.
- Stephen M. Gilbert & Sreelata Jonnalagedda, 2011. "Durable Products, Time Inconsistency, and Lock-in," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(9), pages 1655-1670, September.
- Li, Jin & Shi, Victor, 2019. "The benefit of horizontal decentralization in durable good procurement," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 13-23.
- Zhou, Jianheng & Zhao, Ruijuan & Wang, Weishen, 2019. "Pricing decision of a manufacturer in a dual-channel supply chain with asymmetric information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 278(3), pages 809-820.
- Anil Arya & Hans Frimor & Brian Mittendorf, 2015. "Decentralized Procurement in Light of Strategic Inventories," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(3), pages 578-585, March.
- Dong, Ciwei & Yang, Yunpeng & Zhao, Ming, 2018. "Dynamic selling strategy for a firm under asymmetric information: Direct selling vs. agent selling," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 204-213.
- Sudheer Gupta, 2008. "Research Note—Channel Structure with Knowledge Spillovers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 247-261, 03-04.
- Wei-yu Kevin Chiang, 2012. "Supply Chain Dynamics and Channel Efficiency in Durable Product Pricing and Distribution," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 327-343, April.
More about this item
Keywordschannel coordination; double marginalization; durable goods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:25:y:2006:i:1:p:91-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.