Identification of Factors of Formation of the Cost of Financial Resources of Economic Subjects
The article generalises and systemises factors of formation of the cost of financial resources of economic subjects that aggregate four blocks: factors, caused by the structure of assets, effectiveness and prospects of investment activity of an economic subject; factors, determined by the structure of financing of activity of an economic subject; factors, caused by the structure of ownership; and external factors that reflect influence of macro-economic environment. The article underlines fundamental rule, according to which the higher the inefficiency and imperfection (friction property) of the financial market, the bigger the influence of specific internal factors of activity of economic subjects upon the cost of their financial resources. The article makes a conclusion on the basis of the analysis of the degree of financial development of Ukraine that there are all prerequisites for formation of a significant discrepancy between the cost of external and internal financing, which manifests itself most vividly in the period of a crisis and recession. The article assesses indicators of internal determinants of the cost of financing (size of a company, structure of assets and prospects of growth) of economic subjects in Ukraine, which could be compared with indicators of the countries with developing markets. The article generalises cost factors from the view of specific features of the formed structure of ownership of economic subjects in Ukraine.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.business-inform.net|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2005.
"Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis,"
GEMF Working Papers
2005-07, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2006. "Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 139-156, October.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Alessandra Luzzi, 2006.
"Do liquidity constraints matter in explaining firm size and growth? Some evidence from the Italian manufacturing industry,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 1-39, February.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Alessandra Luzzi, 2004. "Do Liquidity Constraints Matter in Explaining Firm Size and Growth? Some Evidence from the Italian Manufacturing Industry," LEM Papers Series 2004/08, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Stijn Claessens & Simeon Djankov & Joseph P. H. Fan & Larry H. P. Lang, 2002. "Disentangling the Incentive and Entrenchment Effects of Large Shareholdings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2741-2771, December.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Christopher A. Hennessy & Toni M. Whited, 2007. "How Costly Is External Financing? Evidence from a Structural Estimation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(4), pages 1705-1745, 08.
- John Hutchinson & Ana Xavier, 2004.
"Comparing the Impact of Credit Constraints on the Growth of SMEs in a Transition Country with an Established Market Economy,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
15004, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- John Hutchinson & Ana Xavier, 2006. "Comparing the Impact of Credit Constraints on the Growth of SMEs in a Transition Country with an Established Market Economy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 169-179, October.
- Heitor Almeida & Murillo Campello & Michael S. Weisbach, 2004. "The Cash Flow Sensitivity of Cash," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1777-1804, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idp:bizinf:y:2013:i:5:p:278_287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Rystenko)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.