Volatility and Compounding Effects on Beta and Returns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Ang & Robert J. Hodrick & Yuhang Xing & Xiaoyan Zhang, 2006.
"The Cross‐Section of Volatility and Expected Returns,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 259-299, February.
- Andrew Ang & Robert J. Hodrick & Yuhang Xing & Xiaoyan Zhang, 2004. "The Cross-Section of Volatility and Expected Returns," NBER Working Papers 10852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.), THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bao, Te & Diks, Cees & Li, Hao, 2018. "A generalized CAPM model with asymmetric power distributed errors with an application to portfolio construction," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 611-621.
- Bryan Kelly & Hao Jiang, 2013. "Tail Risk and Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 19375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DiTraglia, Francis J. & Gerlach, Jeffrey R., 2013. "Portfolio selection: An extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 305-323.
- Chabi-Yo, Fousseni & Ruenzi, Stefan & Weigert, Florian, 2018.
"Crash Sensitivity and the Cross Section of Expected Stock Returns,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 1059-1100, June.
- Chabi-Yo, Fousseni & Ruenzi, Stefan & Weigert, Florian, 2013. "Crash Sensitivity and the Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Working Papers on Finance 1324, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Feb 2016.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Rottmann, Horst, 2014.
"Is there a Friday the 13th effect in emerging Asian stock markets?,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(C), pages 17-26.
- Benjamin R. Auer & Horst Rottmann, 2013. "Is there a Friday the 13th Effect in Emerging Asian Stock Markets?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4409, CESifo.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Rottmann, Horst, 2013. "Is there a Friday the 13th effect in ermerging Asian stock markets?," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 35, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Alessio Caldarera & Celso Brunetti, 2005.
"Asset Prices and Asset Correlations in Illiquid Markets,"
2005 Meeting Papers
288, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Celso Brunetti & Alessio Caldarera, 2006. "Asset Prices and asset Correlations in Illiquid Markets," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 331, Society for Computational Economics.
- Chollete, Loran & Ning, Cathy, 2010. "Asymmetric Dependence in US Financial Risk Factors?," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2011/2, University of Stavanger.
- Wu, Ying, 2019. "Asset pricing with extreme liquidity risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 143-165.
- Aharon, David Y. & Qadan, Mahmoud, 2018. "What drives the demand for information in the commodity market?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 532-543.
- Jang, Jeewon & Kang, Jangkoo, 2017. "An intertemporal CAPM with higher-order moments," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 314-337.
- Haensly, Paul J., 2020. "Risk decomposition, estimation error, and naïve diversification," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Paul Ormerod, 2010. "La crisis actual y la culpabilidad de la teoría macroeconómica," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 12(22), pages 111-128, January-J.
- Bruno Feunou & Jean-Sébastien Fontaine & Abderrahim Taamouti & Roméo Tédongap, 2014.
"Risk Premium, Variance Premium, and the Maturity Structure of Uncertainty,"
Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 18(1), pages 219-269.
- Tédongap, Roméo & Taamouti, Abderrahim & Fontaine, Jean-Sébastien & Feunou, Bruno, 2011. "Risk premium, variance premium and the maturity structure of uncertainty," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1144, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Bruno Feunou & Jean-Sébastien Fontaine & Abderrahim Taamouti & Roméo Tedongap, 2012. "Risk Premium, Variance Premium and the Maturity Structure of Uncertainty," Staff Working Papers 12-11, Bank of Canada.
- Gu, Chen & Kurov, Alexander & Wolfe, Marketa Halova, 2018. "Relief Rallies after FOMC Announcements as a Resolution of Uncertainty," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-18.
- Zhao, Zhibiao & Wu, Wei Biao, 2009. "Nonparametric inference of discretely sampled stable Lévy processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(1), pages 83-92, November.
- Barunik, Jozef & Vacha, Lukas, 2010.
"Monte Carlo-based tail exponent estimator,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(21), pages 4863-4874.
- Jozef Barunik & Lukas Vacha, 2010. "Monte Carlo-Based Tail Exponent Estimator," Working Papers IES 2010/06, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2010.
- Jozef Barunik & Lukas Vacha, 2012. "Monte Carlo-based tail exponent estimator," Papers 1201.4781, arXiv.org.
- Dominique Guégan & Wayne Tarrant, 2012.
"On the necessity of five risk measures,"
Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 533-552, November.
- Dominique Guegan & Wayne Tarrant, 2010. "On the necessity of five risk measures," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 10005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Dominique Guegan & Wayne Tarrant, 2012. "On the Necessity of Five Risk Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00721339, HAL.
- Dominique Guegan & Wayne Tarrant, 2010. "On the necessity of five risk measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00460901, HAL.
- Constantinos Antoniou & John A. Doukas & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2016. "Investor Sentiment, Beta, and the Cost of Equity Capital," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 347-367, February.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009.
"Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-11, March.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa’s emerging equity markets," Discussion Paper Series 2009_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2009.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Abugri, Benjamin A. & Dutta, Sandip, 2014. "Are we overestimating REIT idiosyncratic risk? Analysis of pricing effects and persistence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 249-259.
More about this item
KeywordsBeta Compounding; Volatility;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibf:ijbfre:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mercedes Jalbert (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.