Soil Quality and Peri-Urban Expansion of Cities: A Mediterranean Experience (Athens, Greece)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cesare Feliciantonio & Luca Salvati & Efthymia Sarantakou & Kostas Rontos, 2018. "Class diversification, economic growth and urban sprawl: evidences from a pre-crisis European city," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 1501-1522, July.
- Antonella Lerario & Silvia Di Turi, 2018. "Sustainable Urban Tourism: Reflections on the Need for Building-Related Indicators," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-25, June.
- Georgia Giannakourou, 2005. "Transforming spatial planning policy in Mediterranean countries: Europeanization and domestic change," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 319-331, January.
- Salvati, Luca & Ciommi, Maria Teresa & Serra, Pere & Chelli, Francesco M., 2019. "Exploring the spatial structure of housing prices under economic expansion and stagnation: The role of socio-demographic factors in metropolitan Rome, Italy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 143-152.
- Ana Barbosa & Sara Vallecillo & Claudia Baranzelli & Chris Jacobs-Crisioni & Filipe Batista e Silva & Carolina Perpiña-Castillo & Carlo Lavalle & Joachim Maes, 2017. "Modelling built-up land take in Europe to 2020: an assessment of the Resource Efficiency Roadmap measure on land," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 60(8), pages 1439-1463, August.
- Jansson, Åsa, 2013. "Reaching for a sustainable, resilient urban future using the lens of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 285-291.
- Barbara Grah & Vlado Dimovski & Judita Peterlin, 2020. "Managing Sustainable Urban Tourism Development: The Case of Ljubljana," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-17, January.
- Andrea Koch & Alex McBratney & Mark Adams & Damien Field & Robert Hill & John Crawford & Budiman Minasny & Rattan Lal & Lynette Abbott & Anthony O'Donnell & Denis Angers & Jeffrey Baldock & Edward Bar, 2013. "Soil Security: Solving the Global Soil Crisis," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 4(4), pages 434-441, November.
- Valeria Paul & Matthew Tonts, 2005. "Containing Urban Sprawl: Trends in Land Use and Spatial Planning in the Metropolitan Region of Barcelona," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 7-35.
- Andreea Zamfir & Razvan-Andrei Corbos, 2015. "Towards Sustainable Tourism Development in Urban Areas: Case Study on Bucharest as Tourist Destination," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-14, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seham S. Al-Alola & Haya M. Alogayell & Ibtesam I. Alkadi & Soha A. Mohamed & Ismail Y. Ismail, 2021. "Recognition and Prediction of Land Dynamics and Its Associated Impacts in Al-Qurayyat City and along Al-Shamal Train Pathway in Saudi Arabia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(17), pages 1-25, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jesús Rodrigo-Comino & Barbara Ermini, 2021. "Are Cities Truly Dispersed? A Long-Term Analysis of Vertical Profile of Settlements in Athens’ Metropolitan Region," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-14, March.
- Samaneh Sadat Nickayin & Antonio Tomao & Giovanni Quaranta & Luca Salvati & Antonio Gimenez Morera, 2020. "Going toward Resilience? Town Planning, Peri-Urban Landscapes, and the Expansion of Athens, Greece," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(24), pages 1-18, December.
- Salvati, Luca & Sateriano, Adele & Grigoriadis, Efstathios & Carlucci, Margherita, 2017. "New wine in old bottles: The (changing) socioeconomic attributes of sprawl during building boom and stagnation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 361-372.
- Rosanna Salvia & Gianluca Egidi & Luca Salvati & Jesús Rodrigo-Comino & Giovanni Quaranta, 2020. "In-Between ‘Smart’ Urban Growth and ‘Sluggish’ Rural Development? Reframing Population Dynamics in Greece, 1940–2019," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-18, July.
- Luca Salvati & Alberto Sabbi, 2014. "Identifying urban diffusion in compact cities through a comparative multivariate procedure," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(2), pages 557-575, September.
- Luca Salvati, 2019. "Examining urban functions along a metropolitan gradient: a geographically weighted regression tells you more," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 19-40, April.
- Mariateresa Ciommi & Francesco M. Chelli & Luca Salvati, 2019. "Integrating parametric and non-parametric multivariate analysis of urban growth and commuting patterns in a European metropolitan area," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 957-979, March.
- Cristina Maria Păcurar & Ruxandra-Gabriela Albu & Victor Dan Păcurar, 2021. "Tourist Route Optimization in the Context of Covid-19 Pandemic," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-17, May.
- Rosanna Salvia & Luca Salvati & Giovanni Quaranta, 2021. "Beyond the Transition: Long-Term Population Trends in a Disadvantaged Region of Southern Europe, 1861–2017," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(12), pages 1-23, June.
- Leonardo Bianchini & Gianluca Egidi & Ahmed Alhuseen & Adele Sateriano & Sirio Cividino & Matteo Clemente & Vito Imbrenda, 2021. "Toward a Dualistic Growth? Population Increase and Land-Use Change in Rome, Italy," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-14, July.
- Gianluca Egidi & Giovanni Quaranta & Luca Salvati & Rosanna Salvia & Gimenez Morera Antonio, 2021. "Investigating density-dependent patterns of population growth in Southern Italy, 1861–2019," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 11-30, April.
- Carlo Aall & Ko Koens, 2019. "The Discourse on Sustainable Urban Tourism: The Need for Discussing More Than Overtourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-12, August.
- Jesús Rodrigo-Comino & Gianluca Egidi & Adele Sateriano & Stefano Poponi & Enrico Maria Mosconi & Antonio Gimenez Morera, 2021. "Suburban Fertility and Metropolitan Cycles: Insights from European Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-14, February.
- Zambon, Ilaria & Benedetti, Anna & Ferrara, Carlotta & Salvati, Luca, 2018. "Soil Matters? A Multivariate Analysis of Socioeconomic Constraints to Urban Expansion in Mediterranean Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 173-183.
- Luca Salvati, 2013. "Struttura produttiva, dinamiche di diffusione urbana e distribuzione spaziale dell’impermeabilizzazione del suolo: un’analisi esplorativa a scala locale," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(2), pages 22-36.
- Zhang, Pengyan & Yang, Dan & Qin, Mingzhou & Jing, Wenlong, 2020. "Spatial heterogeneity analysis and driving forces exploring of built-up land development intensity in Chinese prefecture-level cities and implications for future Urban Land intensive use," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Suau-Sanchez, Pere & Pallares-Barbera, Montserrat & Paül, Valerià, 2011. "Incorporating annoyance in airport environmental policy: noise, societal response and community participation," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 275-284.
- Daniela Smiraglia & Luca Salvati & Gianluca Egidi & Rosanna Salvia & Antonio Giménez-Morera & Rares Halbac-Cotoara-Zamfir, 2021. "Toward a New Urban Cycle? A Closer Look to Sprawl, Demographic Transitions and the Environment in Europe," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-14, January.
- Kik, M.C. & Claassen, G.D.H. & Meuwissen, M.P.M. & Smit, A.B. & Saatkamp, H.W., 2021. "Actor analysis for sustainable soil management – A case study from the Netherlands," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Jónsson, Jón Örvar G. & Davíðsdóttir, Brynhildur & Nikolaidis, Nikolaos P. & Giannakis, Georgios V., 2019. "Tools for Sustainable Soil Management: Soil Ecosystem Services, EROI and Economic Analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 109-119.
More about this item
Keywordsland take; urban sprawl; compact settlements; indicators; Mediterranean;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:13:y:2021:i:4:p:2042-:d:499151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.