Sustainability of Tourism Development in the Mediterranean—Interregional Similarities and Differences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haberl, Helmut & Gaube, Veronika & Díaz-Delgado, Ricardo & Krauze, Kinga & Neuner, Angelika & Peterseil, Johannes & Plutzar, Christoph & Singh, Simron J. & Vadineanu, Angheluta, 2009. "Towards an integrated model of socioeconomic biodiversity drivers, pressures and impacts. A feasibility study based on three European long-term socio-ecological research platforms," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1797-1812, April.
- Koundouri, Phoebe & Rault, P. Ker & Pergamalis, V. & Skianis, V. & Souliotis, I., 2015. "Development of an integrated methodology for the sustainableenvironmental and socio-economic management of river ecosystems," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64458, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fátima Farinha & Miguel José Oliveira & Elisa M. J. Silva & Rui Lança & Manuel Duarte Pinheiro & Cátia Miguel, 2019. "Selection Process of Sustainable Indicators for the Algarve Region—OBSERVE Project," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-24, January.
- Torres-Delgado, Anna & Palomeque, Francesc López, 2014. "Measuring sustainable tourism at the municipal level," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 122-137.
- Estol, Judith & Font, Xavier, 2016. "European tourism policy: Its evolution and structure," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 230-241.
- Zsolt Darvas & Jan Mazza & Catarina Midões, 2019. "How to improve European Union cohesion policy for the next decade," Policy Contributions 30670, Bruegel.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yamilé Pérez Guilarte & Daniel Barreiro Quintáns, 2019. "Using Big Data to Measure Tourist Sustainability: Myth or Reality?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-19, October.
- Adina Letiţia Negruşa & Valentin Toader & Aurelian Sofică & Mihaela Filofteia Tutunea & Rozalia Veronica Rus, 2015. "Exploring Gamification Techniques and Applications for Sustainable Tourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-30, August.
- Palazzo, Maria & Vollero, Agostino & Vitale, Pierluigi & Siano, Alfonso, 2021. "Urban and rural destinations on Instagram: Exploring the influencers’ role in #sustainabletourism," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C).
- Carlos J. Pardo Abad & José Fernández Álvarez, 2020. "Landscape as Digital Content and a Smart Tourism Resource in the Mining Area of Cartagena-La Unión (Spain)," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-21, April.
- Hubeau, Marianne & Marchand, Fleur & Coteur, Ine & Mondelaers, Koen & Debruyne, Lies & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2017. "A new agri-food systems sustainability approach to identify shared transformation pathways towards sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 52-63.
- Attila Buzási & Bettina Szimonetta Jäger, 2021. "Exploratory Analysis of Urban Sustainability by Applying a Strategy-Based Tailor-Made Weighting Method," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(12), pages 1-18, June.
- Hjalager, Anne-Mette, 2020. "Land-use conflicts in coastal tourism and the quest for governance innovations," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Nina Eisenmenger & Stefan Giljum & Stephan Lutter & Alexandra Marques & Michaela C. Theurl & Henrique M. Pereira & Arnold Tukker, 2016. "Towards a Conceptual Framework for Social-Ecological Systems Integrating Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services with Resource Efficiency Indicators," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-15, February.
- D’Arco, Mario & Lo Presti, Letizia & Marino, Vittoria & Maggiore, Giulio, 2021. "Is sustainable tourism a goal that came true? The Italian experience of the Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Huihui Feng & Xingpeng Chen & Peter Heck & Hong Miao, 2014. "An Entropy-Perspective Study on the Sustainable Development Potential of Tourism Destination Ecosystem in Dunhuang, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-27, December.
- Anestis Fotiadis & Guych Nuryyev & Jennet Achyldurdyyeva & Anastasia Spyridou, 2019. "The Impact of EU Sponsorship, Size, and Geographic Characteristics on Rural Tourism Development," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-15, April.
- Swanson, Kristen K. & DeVereaux, Constance, 2017. "A theoretical framework for sustaining culture: Culturally sustainable entrepreneurship," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 78-88.
- Marko D. Petrović & Aleksandra Vujko & Tamara Gajić & Darko B. Vuković & Milan Radovanović & Jasmina M. Jovanović & Natalia Vuković, 2017. "Tourism as an Approach to Sustainable Rural Development in Post-Socialist Countries: A Comparative Study of Serbia and Slovenia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Valentina CORNEA, 2020. "The Contribution Of Cohesion Policy In The „Lower Danube” Euroregion: The Mapping Of The Implemented Projects’ Outputs And Their Implication To Transition For Sustainability," EURINT, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7, pages 189-208.
- David Bienvenido-Huertas & Fátima Farinha & Miguel José Oliveira & Elisa M. J. Silva & Rui Lança, 2020. "Challenge for Planning by Using Cluster Methodology: The Case Study of the Algarve Region," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-16, February.
- Krstic, Bojan & Petrovic, Jelena & Stanišić, Tanja, 2015. "Analysis Of Key Indicators Of Economic Dimensions Of Spas' Sustainable Development In Serbia As Tourism Destinations," Ekonomika, Journal for Economic Theory and Practice and Social Issues, Society of Economists Ekonomika, Nis, Serbia, vol. 61(3), pages 1-12, September.
- Haberl, Helmut & Kastner, Thomas & Schaffartzik, Anke & Ludwiczek, Nikolaus & Erb, Karl-Heinz, 2012. "Global effects of national biomass production and consumption: Austria's embodied HANPP related to agricultural biomass in the year 2000," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 66-73.
- Christian Eckert & Harald Pechlaner, 2019. "Alternative Product Development as Strategy Towards Sustainability in Tourism: The Case of Lanzarote," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-18, June.
- Fátima Farinha & David Bienvenido-Huertas & Manuel Duarte Pinheiro & Elisa M. J. Silva & Rui Lança & Miguel José Oliveira & Ricardo Batista, 2021. "Sustainable Competitiveness of Tourism in the Algarve Region. Critical Stakeholders’ Perception of the Supply Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-24, May.
- Qingsong Wang & Xueliang Yuan & Jian Zhang & Yun Gao & Jinglan Hong & Jian Zuo & Wei Liu, 2015. "Assessment of the Sustainable Development Capacity with the Entropy Weight Coefficient Method," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(10), pages 1-22, October.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable tourism development; tourism policy; sustainability indicators; cluster analysis; factor analysis; Mediterranean; DPSIR;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:18:p:7641-:d:414355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.