Random Shifting and Scaling of Insurance Risks
Random shifting typically appears in credibility models whereas random scaling is often encountered in stochastic models for claim sizes reflecting the time-value property of money. In this article we discuss some aspects of random shifting and random scaling of insurance risks focusing in particular on credibility models, dependence structure of claim sizes in collective risk models, and extreme value models for the joint dependence of large losses. We show that specifying certain actuarial models using random shifting or scaling has some advantages for both theoretical treatments and practical applications.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albrecher, Hansjörg & Constantinescu, Corina & Loisel, Stephane, 2011.
"Explicit ruin formulas for models with dependence among risks,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 265-270, March.
- Hansjoerg Albrecher & Corina Constantinescu & Stéphane Loisel, 2011. "Explicit ruin formulas for models with dependence among risks," Post-Print hal-00540621, HAL.
- Kume, Alfred & Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2012. "Calculation of Bayes premium for conditional elliptical risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 632-635.
- Frees, Edward W. & Valdez, Emiliano A., 2008. "Hierarchical Insurance Claims Modeling," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1457-1469.
- Alexandru V. Asimit & Raluca Vernic & Riċardas Zitikis, 2013. "Evaluating Risk Measures and Capital Allocations Based on Multi-Losses Driven by a Heavy-Tailed Background Risk: The Multivariate Pareto-II Model," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Yang, Xipei & Frees, Edward W. & Zhang, Zhengjun, 2011. "A generalized beta copula with applications in modeling multivariate long-tailed data," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 265-284, September.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd & Kortschak, Dominik, 2014. "Tail asymptotics of random sum and maximum of log-normal risks," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 167-174.
- Yang, Yang & Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2013. "Extremes and products of multivariate AC-product risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 312-319.
- Cambanis, Stamatis & Huang, Steel & Simons, Gordon, 1981. "On the theory of elliptically contoured distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 368-385, September.
- Constantinescu, Corina & Hashorva, Enkelejd & Ji, Lanpeng, 2011. "Archimedean copulas in finite and infinite dimensions—with application to ruin problems," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 487-495.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jrisks:v:2:y:2014:i:3:p:277-288:d:38449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.