A Risk Model with an Observer in a Markov Environment
We consider a spectrally-negative Markov additive process as a model of a risk process in a random environment. Following recent interest in alternative ruin concepts, we assume that ruin occurs when an independent Poissonian observer sees the process as negative, where the observation rate may depend on the state of the environment. Using an approximation argument and spectral theory, we establish an explicit formula for the resulting survival probabilities in this general setting. We also discuss an efficient evaluation of the involved quantities and provide a numerical illustration.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asmussen, Søren & Avram, Florin & Pistorius, Martijn R., 2004. "Russian and American put options under exponential phase-type Lévy models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 79-111, January.
- Landriault, David & Renaud, Jean-François & Zhou, Xiaowen, 2011. "Occupation times of spectrally negative Lévy processes with applications," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(11), pages 2629-2641, November.
- Mandjes, Michel & Ivanovs, Jevgenijs & Kella, Offer & D'Auria, Bernardo, 2010. "First passage of a Markov additive process and generalized Jordan chains," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws103923, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Ivanovs, Jevgenijs, 2013. "A note on killing with applications in risk theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 29-34.
- Albrecher, Hansjörg & Lautscham, Volkmar, 2013. "From Ruin to Bankruptcy for Compound Poisson Surplus Processes," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(02), pages 213-243, May.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Lin, X. Sheldon & Yang, Hailiang, 2006. "A Note on the Dividends-Penalty Identity and the Optimal Dividend Barrier," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 489-503, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jrisks:v:1:y:2013:i:3:p:148-161:d:30342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.