Disclosure, volatility, and transparency: and empirical investigation into the value of bank disclosure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:38:y:2000:i::p:91-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leuz, C & Verrecchia, RE, 2000. "The economic consequences of increased disclosure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38, pages 91-124.
- repec:bla:joares:v:38:y:2000:i::p:171-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hirtle, Beverly, 2016.
"Public disclosure and risk-adjusted performance at bank holding companies,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Aug, pages 151-173.
- Hirtle, Beverly, 2007. "Public disclosure and risk-adjusted performance at bank holding companies," Staff Reports 293, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Feb 2015.
- STEFANESCU Cristina Alexandrina, 2014. "Corporate Governance „Actors”’ Capability And Risk Information Transparency – Empirical Study On European Banking System," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 9(2), pages 98-107, August.
- Herve Alexandre & François Guillemin & Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2015.
"Disclosure, banks CDS spreads and the European sovereign crisis,"
- Hervé ALEXANDRE & François GUILLEMIN & Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2015. "Disclosure, banks CDS spreads and the European sovereign crisis," Working Papers 2015-10, CRESE.
- Malafronte, Irma & Porzio, Claudio & Starita, Maria Grazia, 2016. "The nature and determinants of disclosure practices in the insurance industry: Evidence from European insurers," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 367-382.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & McNulty, James E. & Stevenson, Bradley A., 2013. "How does transparency affect bank financial performance?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 24-30.
- Frank M. Song & Li Li, 2012. "Bank Governance: Concepts and Measurements," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & McNulty, James E. & Stevenson, Bradley A., 2017. "Additional evidence on transparency and bank financial performance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-6.
- François Guillemin & Hervé Alexandre & Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2015. "Downgrades of sovereign credit ratings and impact on banks CDS spread: does disclosure by banks improve stability?," Post-Print hal-01622782, HAL.
- Mediha Mezhoud & Asma Sghaier & Adel Boubaker, 2017. "The Impact of Internal Governance Mechanisms on the Share Price Volatility of Listed Companies in Paris Stock Exchange," Bulletin of Applied Economics, Risk Market Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1-12.
- Bischof, Jannis & Wüstemann, Jens, 2007. "How does fair value measurement under IAS 39 affect disclosure choices of European banks?," Papers 07-75, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Al-Khouri, Ritab & Arouri, Houda, 2016. "The simultaneous estimation of credit growth, valuation, and stability of the Gulf Cooperation Council banking industry," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 499-518.
- Nier, Erlend & Baumann, Ursel, 2006. "Market discipline, disclosure and moral hazard in banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 332-361, July.
- Bushman, Robert M., 2014. "Thoughts on financial accounting and the banking industry," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 384-395.
- Faidon Kalfaoglou & Alexandros Sarris, 2006. "Modeling the Components of Market Discipline," Working Papers 36, Bank of Greece.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and banking - Accounting ; Bank capital - Law and legislation ; Bank profits ; Banks and banking - Costs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednep:y:2004:i:sep:p:31-45:n:v.10no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .