The rise and fall of a policy rule: monetarism at the St. Louis Fed, 1968-1986
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur J. Rolnick & Warren E. Weber, 1998.
"Money, inflation, and output under fiat and commodity standards,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 11-17.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1997. "Money, Inflation, and Output under Fiat and Commodity Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1308-1321, December.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1.
- Brimmer, Andrew F, 1972. "The Political Economy of Money: Evolution and Impact of Monetarism in the Federal Reserve System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 344-352, May.
- Robert H. Rasche & John A. Tatom, 1977. "The effects of the new energy regime on economic capacity, production, and prices," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 2-12.
- Keith M. Carlson & Scott E. Hein, 1983. "Four econometric models and monetary policy: the longer-run view," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 13-23.
- Leonall C. Andersen, 1968. "Federal Reserve Defensive Operations and Short-Run Control of the Money Stock," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 275-275.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manfred Gärtner, 2006. "The political economy of monetary policy conduct and central bank design," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2006 2006-25, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Manfred Gärtner, 2002. "Monetary policy and central bank behaviour," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-24, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Hafer, R. W. & Wheelock, David C., 2013.
"Darryl Francis and the Making of Monetary Policy, 1966-1975,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 469-486.
- R. W. Hafer & David C. Wheelock, 2003. "Darryl Francis and the making of monetary policy, 1966-1975," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-12.
- Singleton,John, 2010. "Central Banking in the Twentieth Century," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521899093.
- Donald H. Dutkowsky & Barry Z. Cynamon & Barry E. Jones, 2006. "U.S. Narrow Money for the Twenty-First Century," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 142-152, January.
- R. W. Hafer, 2001. "What remains of monetarism?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q4, pages 13-33.
More about this item
KeywordsFederal Reserve Bank of St. Louis ; Research and development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2001:i:jan:p:1-24:n:v.83no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .