The recent decline in agricultural exports: is the exchange rate the culprit?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chambers, Robert G. & Just, Richard E., 1982. "An investigation of the effect of monetary factors on agriculture," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 235-247.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1984. "How robust are the policy conclusions of the St. Louis equation?: some further evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, pages 1161-1176.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1979. "On the Mark: A Theory of Floating Exchange Rates Based on Real Interest Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 610-622.
- Dallas S. Batten & Mack Ott, 1983. "Five common myths about floating exchange rates," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 5-15.
- G. Edward Schuh, 1984. "Future Directions for Food and Agricultural Trade Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(2), pages 242-247.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1979. "Policies for employment, prices, and exchange rates," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 1-7.
- Mussa, Michael, 1979. "Empirical regularities in the behavior of exchange rates and theories of the foreign exchange market," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 9-57.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S, 1978. "The Supply and Demand for Exports: A Simultaneous Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 275-286.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gong, Li & Kinnucan, Henry, 2015. "Effects of Recession and Dollar Weakening on the U.S. Agricultural Trade Balance," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196612, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ayuk, Elias T. & Ruppel, Fred J., 1988. "Cotton Exports: Analysis Of The Relationships Between Sales And Shipments," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Hiemstra, Stephen W. & Shane, Mathew, 1988. "Monetary Factors Influencing GATT Negotiations on Agriculture," Foreign Agricultural Economic Report (FAER) 147990, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Awad, Taleb Mohammad, 1987. "International monetary and exchange rate policies and world agricultural markets: the case of soybeans and soybean products," ISU General Staff Papers 198701010800009611, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Burakov, D., 2016. "Oil Prices, Exchange Rate and Prices for Agricultural Commodities: Empirical Evidence from Russia," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 8(2), June.
- Anoruo, Emmanuel & Ramchander, Sanjay, 1998. "Current account and fiscal deficits: Evidence from five developing economies of Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 487-501.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Ruppel, Fred J. & Bessler, David A., 1995. "U.S. corn exports: the role of the exchange rate," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, pages 75-88.
- Bradshaw, Girard W. & Orden, David, 1990. "Granger Causality From The Exchange Rate To Agricultural Prices And Export Sales," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
- Ardeni, Pier-Giorgio & Rausser, Gordon C., 1992. "Interactions among money, exchange rates, and commodity prices," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt8bg30713, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Liu, Zong-Shin, 1989. "Monetary policy, exchange rate, and effects on US wheat trade and domestic market in an imperfect competition framework," ISU General Staff Papers 1989010108000010216, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ruppel, Fred J., 1987. "Agricultural Commodity Export Data: Sales and Shipments Contrasted," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
- Dallas S. Batten & Michael T. Belongia, 1987. "Do the new exchange rate indexes offer better answers to old questions?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, pages 5-17.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1984:i:oct:p:5-14:n:v.66no.8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.