Avoiding a meltdown: managing the value of small change
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sargent, Thomas J & Velde, Francois R, 1999. "The Big Problem of Small Change," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 137-161, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Font de Villanueva, Cecilia, 2006. "Monetary reform in times of Charles II (1679-1686): aspects concerning the issued dispositions," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp06-07, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- John H. Munro, 2009. "Coinage and Monetary Policies in Burgundian Flanders during the late-medieval 'Bullion Famines',. 1384 - 1482," Working Papers tecipa-361, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Quinn, Stephen & Roberds, William, 2014. "How Amsterdam got fiat money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 1-12.
- Rómulo Chumacero & Claudio Pardo & David Valdés, 2007. "A new framework for the elaboration of bill printing and coining programs," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 454, Central Bank of Chile.
- Rómulo A. Chumacero E. & Claudio Pardo M. & David Valdés V., 2008. "A Framework for Printing and Minting Plans," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 11(1), pages 29-59, April.
- Francois R. Velde & Warren E. Weber, 2000. "A Model of Bimetallism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1210-1234, December.
- Makoto Saito, 2021.
"Central Bank Cryptocurrencies in a Competitive Equilibrium Environment: Can Strong Money Demand Survive in the Digital Age?,"
Advances in Japanese Business and Economics, in: Strong Money Demand in Financing War and Peace, pages 161-189,
- Saito, Makoto, 2020. "Central bank cryptocurrencies in a competitive equilibrium environment: Can strong money demand survive in the digital age?," Discussion Paper Series 719, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Xavier Cuadras‐Morató, 2009.
"Circulation Of Private Notes During A Currency Shortage,"
Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(4), pages 461-478, July.
- Xavier Cuadras Morató, 2005. "Circulation of Private Notes during a Currency Shortage," Working Papers 164, Barcelona School of Economics.
- Xavier Cuadras Morató, 2005. "Circulation of private notes during a currency shortage," Economics Working Papers 811, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- José I. García de Paso, "undated". "The 1628 Castilian Crydown: Origins and Failure," Studies on the Spanish Economy 110, FEDEA.
- Young Sik Kim & Manjong Lee, 2011. "Unit of Account, Medium of Exchange, and Prices," Discussion Paper Series 1104, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Svensson, Roger, 2013. "Re-Coinage as a Monetary Tax: Conditions, Consequences and Comparisons with Debasement," Working Paper Series 950, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Beaman, Lori & Magruder, Jeremy & Robinson, Jonathan, 2014. "Minding small change among small firms in Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 69-86.
- Huberto M. Ennis, 2006. "The problem of small change in early Argentina," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 92(Spr), pages 93-111.
- Manjong Lee & Neil Wallace, 2006. "Optimal divisibility when money is costly to produce," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 9(3), pages 541-556, July.
- Jacques Melitz, 2017. "A model of the beginnings of coinage in antiquity," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 83-103.
- Kepa Ormazabal, 2012. "Lowndes and Locke on the Value of Money," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 44(1), pages 157-180, Spring.
- Chilosi, David & Volckart, Oliver, 2010. "Good or bad money?: debasement, society and the state in the late Middle Ages," Economic History Working Papers 27946, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Francois R. Velde, 1998. "Lessons from the history of money," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 22(Q I), pages 2-16.
- Yiting Li & Guillaume Rocheteau & Pierre-Olivier Weill, 2012.
"Liquidity and the Threat of Fraudulent Assets,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(5), pages 000.
- Yiting Li & Guillaume Rocheteau & Pierre-Olivier Weill, 2011. "Liquidity and the Threat of Fraudulent Assets," NBER Working Papers 17500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yiting Li & Guillaume Rocheteau & Pierre-Olivier Weill, 2011. "Liquidity and the threat of fraudulent assets," Working Papers (Old Series) 1124, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- José I. García de Paso, "undated". "The 1628 Castilian Crydown: A Test of Competing Theories of the Price Level," Studies on the Spanish Economy 103, FEDEA.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2008:i:qi:p:17-28:n:v.32no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lauren Wiese (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.