Credit derivatives: just-in-time provisioning for loan losses
Credit derivative contracts offer a new route for managing counterparty exposures. This article discusses two formats of these contracts. The contracts have potential for providing portfolio managers with a cost effective, just-in-time source of liquidity.
Volume (Year): (1998)
Issue (Month): Q IV ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.chicagofed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.chicagofed.org/webpages/publications/print_publication_order_form.cfm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Kwan & Randy O'Toole, 1997. "Recent developments in loan loss provisioning at U.S. commercial banks," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jul25.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Eli M. Remolona & William Bassett & In Sun Geoum, 1996. "Risk management by structured derivative product companies," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 17-37.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Warner, Jerold B., 1979. "On financial contracting : An analysis of bond covenants," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 117-161, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:1998:i:qiv:p:2-11:n:v.22no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.