The neutrality of Massachusetts' taxation of financial institutions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Don Fullerton, 1983. "Which Effective Tax Rate?," NBER Working Papers 1123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Tannenwald, 1988. "Should Massachusetts reform its bank tax?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 23-35.
- William H. Oakland & William A. Testa, 1996. "State-local business taxation and the benefits principle," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 20(Jan), pages 2-19.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Julie Collins & Douglas Shackelford, 1995. "Corporate domicile and average effective tax rates: The cases of Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(1), pages 55-83, February.
- Theodore M. Crone, 1997. "Where have all the factory jobs gone - and why?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 3-18.
- Mark N. Harris & Simon Feeny, 2000. "Habit Persistence in Effective Tax Rates: Evidence Using Australian Tax Entities," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n13, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Fullerton, Don & Lyon, Andrew B, 1986.
"Does the Tax System Favor Investment in High-Tech or Smoke-Stack Industries?,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 403-416, July.
- Don Fullerton & Andrew B. Lyon, 1985. "Does the Tax System Favor Investment in High-Tech or Smoke-Stack Industries?," NBER Working Papers 1600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadja Dwenger & Viktor Steiner, 2008.
"Effective Profit Taxation and the Elasticity of the Corporate Income Tax Base: Evidence from German Corporate Tax Return Data,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
829, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Dwenger, Nadja & Steiner, Viktor, 2008. "Effective profit taxation and the elasticity of the corporate income tax base: Evidence from German corporate tax return data," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 57, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Chang Woon Nam & Doina Radulescu & Doina Maria Radulescu, 2004.
"Types of Tax Concessions for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment in Free Economic Zones,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Chang Woon Nam & Doina Maria Radulescu, 2004. "Types of Tax Concessions for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment in Free Economic Zones," ERSA conference papers ersa04p174, European Regional Science Association.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2003. "Local Economic Development Policies," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 03-91, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Anatoli Kuprianov, 1997. "Tax disincentives to commercial bank lending," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 67-97.
- Daphne A. Kenyon, 1997. "Theories of interjurisdictional competition," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 13-36.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1996. "The dynamic efficiency cost of not taxing housing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 397-417, March.
- Lee, Cheng-Few & Kuo, Nan-Ting, 2014. "Effects of ultimate ownership structure and corporate tax on capital structures: Evidence from Taiwan," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 409-425.
- Douglas Shackelford & Joel Slemrod & James Sallee, 2011. "Financial reporting, tax, and real decisions: toward a unifying framework," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 18(4), pages 461-494, August.
- Fullerton, Don & Henderson, Yolanda Kodrzycki, 1989.
"A Disaggregate Equilibrium Model of the Tax Distortions among Assets, Sectors, and Industries,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 391-413, May.
- Don Fullerton & Yolanda K. Henderson, 1986. "A Disaggregate Equilibrium Model of the Tax Distortions Among Assets, Sectors, and Industries," NBER Working Papers 1905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Merriman, 2016. "What determines the level of local business property taxes?," Working Papers 16-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Devereux, Michael P & Griffith, Rachel, 2003. "Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Graham, John R., 1996. "Proxies for the corporate marginal tax rate," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 187-221, October.
- Mark E. Schaffer & Gerard Turley, 2000.
"Effective versus Statutory Taxation: Measuring Effective Tax Administration in Transition Economies,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
347, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mark Schaffer & Gerard Turley, 2000. "Effective versus Statutory Taxation: Measuring Effective Tax Administration in Transition Economies," CERT Discussion Papers 0008, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Jerram C. Betts & Cletus C. Coughlin, 1996. "The location of new foreign-owned manufacturing plants in the United States and Seventh Federal Reserve District," Assessing the Midwest Economy GL-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Garrido Pulido, Tomás & Garrido Pulido, Raquel, 2006. "La Presión Fiscal En Las Sociedades Cooperativas Agrarias De Segundo Grado: Repercusión De La Ley 3/2002, Por La Que Se Modifica La Ley 2/1999 De Sociedades Cooperativas Andaluzas [The fiscal press," MPRA Paper 2665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dye, Richard F. & Merriman, David F., 2000. "The Effects of Tax Increment Financing on Economic Development," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 306-328, March.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbne:y:2000:i:may:p:41-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.