Ajustes discontinuos de salarios, inflación y fluctuaciones económicas
If nominal wages adjust less frequently than prices, a constant rate of growth of the quantity of money will produce cyclical fluctuations of production and inflation. The same phenomenon can modify the average long run production of the economy, generating Phillips curves sometimes with a negative slope and some other times with a positive slope.
Volume (Year): 17 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George A. Akerlof & Janet L. Yellen, 1985. "A Near-Rational Model of the Business Cycle, with Wage and Price Inertia," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 823-838.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1976. "Wage indexation: A macroeconomic approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 221-235, April.
- Eytan Sheshinski & Yoram Weiss, 1983. "Optimum Pricing Policy under Stochastic Inflation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 513-529.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1985.
"The Wage Price Spiral,"
400, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Danziger, Leif, 1992. "On the Prevalence of Labor Contracts with Fixed Duration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 195-206, March.
- Bean, Charles R, 1983. "Targeting Nominal Income: An Appraisal," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 806-19, December.
- Andrew Caplin & John Leahy, 1991. "State-Dependent Pricing and the Dynamics of Money and Output," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 683-708.
- Eytan Sheshinski & Yoram Weiss, 1977. "Inflation and Costs of Price Adjustment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(2), pages 287-303.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 1985. "Small Menu Costs and Large Business Cycles: A Macroeconomic Model of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(2), pages 529-538.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:17:y:2002:i:1:p:129-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.