A response to Joannidès and Berland
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to provide a rejoinder to Joannidès and Berland's comment on Gurd's paper on the use of grounded theory (GT) in interpretive accounting research, re-establishing the basics of GT. Design/methodology/approach – A refutation by argument. Findings – Argues that GT is definable and the term should be used only where appropriate. Practical implications – Researchers in accounting should be careful when claiming to use GT. Credibility would be enhanced if there was a more careful explication of method in interpretive research. Originality/value – This paper continues the debate on GT and should assist both new and experienced researchers to explore the basis of their approach.
Volume (Year): 5 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com|
|Order Information:|| Postal: Emerald Group Publishing, Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA, UK|
Web: http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=qram Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vassili Joannides & N. Berland, 2008.
"Reactions to Reading 'Remaining Consistent with Method? An Analysis of Grounded Theory Research in Accounting': A Comment on Gurd,"
Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print)
- Vassili Joannidès & Nicolas Berland, 2008. "Reactions to reading “Remaining consistent with method? An analysis of grounded theory research in accounting”: A comment on Gurd," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 253-261, September.
- Vassili Joannides & Nicolas Berland, 2008. "Reactions to reading “Remaining consistent with method? An analysis of grounded theory research in accounting”: A comment on Gurd," Post-Print halshs-00340178, HAL.
- Efferin, Sujoko & Hopper, Trevor, 2007. "Management control, culture and ethnicity in a Chinese Indonesian company," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 223-262, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1468 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:qrampp:v:5:y:2008:i:3:p:262-265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Lister)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.