Post-Keynesian Institutionalism after the Great Recession
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Linwood Tauheed, 2011. "A Proposed Methodological Synthesis of Post-Keynesian and Institutional Economics," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 819-838.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- Gordon, Robert Aaron, 1976. "Rigor and Relevance in a Changing Institutional Setting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1996.
"Uncertainty and the Institutional Structure of Capitalist Economies,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_155, Levy Economics Institute.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1998. "Uncertainty and the Institutional Structure of Capitalist Economies," Macroeconomics 9809015, EconWPA.
- Ricardo J. Caballero, 2010.
"Macroeconomics after the Crisis: Time to Deal with the Pretense-of-Knowledge Syndrome,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 24(4), pages 85-102, Fall.
- Ricardo J. Caballero, 2010. "Macroeconomics after the Crisis: Time to Deal with the Pretense-of-Knowledge Syndrome," NBER Working Papers 16429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Weller & Kate Sabatini, 2007. "The Financial Vulnerability of Families," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(3), pages 72-98.
- Hyman P. Minsky & Charles J. Whalen, 1996.
"Economic Insecurity and the Institutional Prerequisites for Successful Capitalism,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_165, Levy Economics Institute.
- Hyman P. Minsky & Charles J. Whalen, 1998. "Economic Insecurity and the Institutional Prerequisites for Successful Capitalism," Macroeconomics 9807001, EconWPA.
- Zdravka Todorova, 2009. "Money and Households in a Capitalist Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13178.
- Buiter, Willem, 2009. "The unfortunate uselessness of most ’state of the art’ academic monetary economics," MPRA Paper 58407, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Mar 2009.
- Minsky, Hyman P, 1969. "Private Sector Asset Management and the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy: Theory and Practice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 223-238, May.
- William C. Brainard & James Tobin, 1968. "Pitfalls in Financial Model-Building," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 244, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- L. Randall Wray, 2009. "The rise and fall of money manager capitalism: a Minskian approach," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 807-828, July.
- Eric Tymoigne, 2007. "A Hard-Nosed Look at Worsening U.S. Household Finance," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 88-111.
- John Marangos & Charles J. Whalen, 2011. "Evolution without fundamental change: the Washington Consensus on economic development," Chapters,in: Financial Instability and Economic Security after the Great Recession, chapter 8, pages 153-178 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- John R. Commons, 1909. "American Shoemakers, 1648–1895 A Sketch of Industrial Evolution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 39-84.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charles J. Whalen, 2016. "Post-Keynesian economics: a pluralistic alternative to conventional economics," International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 22-38.
More about this item
KeywordsPost-Keynesian Institutionalism; institutional economics; post-Keynesian economics; financial instability; money manager capitalism; Hyman Minsky;
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:ejeepi:v:10:y:2013:i:1:p12-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katie Smith). General contact details of provider: http://www.elgaronline.com/ejeep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.