The Entropy Law and the Economic Process in Retrospect
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stuart Burness & Ronald Cummings & Glenn Morris & Inja Paik, 1980. "Thermodynamic and Economic Concepts as Related to Resource-Use Policies," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(1), pages 1-9.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mayer, Andreas & Haas, Willi & Wiedenhofer, Dominik, 2017. "How Countries' Resource Use History Matters for Human Well-being – An Investigation of Global Patterns in Cumulative Material Flows from 1950 to 2010," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 1-10.
- Quentin Couix, 2018. "The role of natural resources in production: Georgescu-Roegen/ Daly versus Solow/ Stiglitz," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01702401, HAL.
- Mayumi, Kozo, 1995. "Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen (1906-1994): An admirable epistemologist," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 261-265, August.
- Schlauch, Michael, 2014. "The Integrative Analysis of Economic Ecosystems: Reviewing labour market policies with new insights from permaculture and systems theory," MPRA Paper 53757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mircea Sˇveanu, 2014. "Energy and the Economics of Sustainability. The Entropy Paradox," Management of Sustainable Development, De Gruyter Open, vol. 6(1), pages 1-5, August.
- Jurgen Spaanderman, 2018. "An urgent call to get better prepared for unexpected events," DNB Occasional Studies 1602, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Sollner, Fritz, 1997. "A reexamination of the role of thermodynamics for environmental economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 175-201, September.
- Mircea Saveanu, 2014. "Sustainability as a Resource Distribution Constraint," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 10(2), pages 139-151, April.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Ruth, Matthias, 1997. "When, where, and by how much do biophysical limits constrain the economic process?: A survey of Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen's contribution to ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 203-223, September.
- Martinez-Alier, J., 1997. "Some issues in agrarian and ecological economics, in memory of Georgescu-Roegen," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 225-238, September.
- Shu-Heng Chen & Sai-Ping Li, 2011. "Econophysics: Bridges over a Turbulent Current," Papers 1107.5373, arXiv.org.
- Quentin Couix, 2018. "The role of natural resources in production: Georgescu-Roegen/Daly versus Solow/Stiglitz," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 18001, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Kuosmanen, Natalia & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2013. "Modeling Cumulative Effects of Nutrient Surpluses in Agriculture: A Dynamic Approach to Material Balance Accounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 159-167.
- Liudmyla Vozna, 2016. "How Economists Can Use the Laws of Physics On the Example of the Notion of Entropy in its Application to Some Economic Conceptions," STOREPapers 1_2016, Associazione Italiana per la Storia dell'Economia Politica - StorEP.
- Boons, Frank & Wagner, Marcus, 2009. "Assessing the relationship between economic and ecological performance: Distinguishing system levels and the role of innovation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1908-1914, May.
- Buenstorf, Guido, 2000. "Self-organization and sustainability: energetics of evolution and implications for ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 119-134, April.
- Gómez-Baggethun, Erik & de Groot, Rudolf & Lomas, Pedro L. & Montes, Carlos, 2010. "The history of ecosystem services in economic theory and practice: From early notions to markets and payment schemes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1209-1218, April.
- Mircea SAVEANU, 2015. "Major Issues In Bringing About Sustainability," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7(1), pages 156-166, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eej:eeconj:v:12:y:1986:i:1:p:3-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeaa1ea.html .