Institutional change, climate risk, and rural vulnerability: Cases from Central Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bryceson, Deborah Fahy, 1996. "Deagrarianization and rural employment in sub-Saharan Africa: A sectoral perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 97-111, January.
- Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2001. "Income Strategies Among Rural Households in Mexico: The Role of Off-farm Activities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 467-480, March.
- John Baffes, 1998. "Structural reforms and price liberalization in Mexican agriculture," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 575-587.
- Amartya Sen, 1981. "Ingredients of Famine Analysis: Availability and Entitlements," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(3), pages 433-464.
- Gary W. Yohe & Richard S.J. Tol, 2001. "Indicators for Social and Economic Coping Capacity – Moving Toward at Working Definition of Adaptive Capacity," Working Papers FNU-8, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jun 2001.
- Bryceson, Deborah Fahy, 2002. "The Scramble in Africa: Reorienting Rural Livelihoods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 725-739, May.
- Robin Leichenko & Karen O'Brien, 2002. "The Dynamics of Rural Vulnerability to Global Change: The Case of southern Africa," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Holzmann,Robert & Jorgensen,Steen Lau, 2000. "Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond," Policy Research Working Paper Series 21314, The World Bank.
- Barry Smit & Ian Burton & Richard Klein & J. Wandel, 2000. "An Anatomy of Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 223-251, April.
- Neil Adger, W., 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-269, February.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jørgensen, 2001.
"Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection, and Beyond,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 529-556, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 2000. "Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21314, The World Bank.
- Bebbington, Anthony, 1999. "Capitals and Capabilities: A Framework for Analyzing Peasant Viability, Rural Livelihoods and Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2021-2044, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chort, Isabelle & de la Rupelle, Maëlys, 2017.
"Managing the Impact of Climate Change on Migration: Evidence from Mexico,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
78, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Isabelle Chort & Maelys de la Rupelle, 2017. "Managing the Impact of Climate Change on Migration: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers DT/2017/04, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Schipper, Lisa, 2006. "Climate risk, perceptions and development in El Salvador," IWMI Working Papers H042374, International Water Management Institute.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10460-016-9720-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julie Wilk & Mattias Hjerpe & Wei Yang & Hua Fan, 2015. "Farm-scale adaptation under extreme climate and rapid economic transition," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 393-407, June.
- Camila I. Donatti & Celia A. Harvey & M. Ruth Martinez-Rodriguez & Raffaele Vignola & Carlos Manuel Rodriguez, 2017. "What information do policy makers need to develop climate adaptation plans for smallholder farmers? The case of Central America and Mexico," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 107-121, March.
- Eakin, Hallie & Appendini, Kirsten & Sweeney, Stuart & Perales, Hugo, 2015. "Correlates of Maize Land and Livelihood Change Among Maize Farming Households in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 78-91.
- Nicolae Istudor & Raluca Andreea Ion & Maria Sponte & Irina Elena Petrescu, 2014. "Food Security in Romania—A Modern Approach for Developing Sustainable Agriculture," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-12, December.
- Federica Ravera & David Tarrasón & Giuseppina Siciliano, 2014. "Rural change and multidimensional analysis of farm’s vulnerability: a case study in a protected area of semi-arid northern Nicaragua," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 873-901, August.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:214-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathan Engle & Ariane Bremond & Elizabeth Malone & Richard Moss, 2014. "Towards a resilience indicator framework for making climate-change adaptation decisions," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 19(8), pages 1295-1312, December.
- Fabiola Sosa-Rodriguez, 2014. "From federal to city mitigation and adaptation: climate change policy in Mexico City," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 19(7), pages 969-996, October.
- Hallie Eakin & Hugo Perales & Kirsten Appendini & Stuart Sweeney, 2014. "Selling Maize in Mexico: The Persistence of Peasant Farming in an Era of Global Markets," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 45(1), pages 133-155, January.
- Ralph Lasage & Sanne Muis & Carolina S. E. Sardella & Michiel A. van Drunen & Peter H. Verburg & Jeroen C. J. H. Aerts, 2015. "A Stepwise, Participatory Approach to Design and Implement Community Based Adaptation to Drought in the Peruvian Andes," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-32, February.
- Morey Burnham & Zhao Ma & Delan Zhu, 2015. "The human dimensions of water saving irrigation: lessons learned from Chinese smallholder farmers," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(2), pages 347-360, June.
- Nordhagen, Stella & Pascual, Unai, 2013. "The Impact of Climate Shocks on Seed Purchase Decisions in Malawi: Implications for Climate Change Adaptation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 238-251.
- Monirul Islam, Md. & Sallu, Susannah & Hubacek, Klaus & Paavola, Jouni, 2014. "Limits and barriers to adaptation to climate variability and change in Bangladeshi coastal fishing communities," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 208-216.
- Van Aelst, Katrien & Holvoet, Nathalie, 2016. "Intersections of Gender and Marital Status in Accessing Climate Change Adaptation: Evidence from Rural Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 40-50.
- Fernández-Giménez, María E. & Batkhishig, Baival & Batbuyan, Batjav & Ulambayar, Tungalag, 2015. "Lessons from the Dzud: Community-Based Rangeland Management Increases the Adaptive Capacity of Mongolian Herders to Winter Disasters," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 48-65.
- Schmook, Birgit & Vance, Colin, 2009. "Agricultural Policy, Market Barriers, and Deforestation: The Case of Mexico's Southern Yucatn," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1015-1025, May.
- Ward, Patrick & Shively, Gerald, 2012.
"Vulnerability, Income Growth and Climate Change,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 916-927.
- Shively, Gerald E. & Ward, Patrick S. & Diffenbaugh, Noah S., 2009. "Vulnerability, Income Growth and Climate Change," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49943, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lori M. Hunter & Sheena Murray & Fernando Riosmena, 2013. "Rainfall Patterns and U.S. Migration from Rural Mexico," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 874-909, December.
- Bhattarai, Basundhara & Beilin, Ruth & Ford, Rebecca, 2015. "Gender, Agrobiodiversity, and Climate Change: A Study of Adaptation Practices in the Nepal Himalayas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 122-132.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:33:y:2005:i:11:p:1923-1938. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .