General cargo and containership emergent routes: A complex networks description
The paper aims to explain the evolution of the containerized and general cargo maritime routes in the last 3 years using complex networks analysis. Several particular results are searched: which ports are currently rising or dwindling in throughput; how is the structure of their network dynamics; and how to describe the resemblances and differences between these two transport patterns.
Volume (Year): 24 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- CÃ©sar Ducruet & Sung-Woo Lee & Adolf K.Y. Ng, 2010. "Centrality and vulnerability in liner shipping networks: revisiting the Northeast Asian port hierarchy," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 17-36, January.
- CÃ©sar Ducruet, 2008. "Hub dependence in constrained economies: the case of North Korea," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 377-394, August.
- Robert McCalla * & Brian Slack & Claude Comtois, 2005. "The Caribbean basin: adjusting to global trends in containerization," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 245-261, July.
- Theo E. Notteboom * & Jean-Paul Rodrigue, 2005. "Port regionalization: towards a new phase in port development," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 297-313, July.
- Brian Slack & Claude Comtois & Robert McCalla, 2002. "Strategic alliances in the container shipping industry: a global perspective," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 65-76, January.
- Koi Yu (Adolf) Ng, 2006. "Assessing the Attractiveness of Ports in the North European Container Transhipment Market: An Agenda for Future Research in Port Competition," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 8(3), pages 234-250, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:24:y:2012:i:c:p:126-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.