Where Is My Bus? Impact of mobile real-time information on the perceived and actual wait time of transit riders
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Poudenx, Pascal, 2008. "The effect of transportation policies on energy consumption and greenhouse gas emission from urban passenger transportation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 901-909, July.
- Lyons, Glenn & Urry, John, 2005. "Travel time use in the information age," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 257-276.
- Dziekan, Katrin & Kottenhoff, Karl, 2007. "Dynamic at-stop real-time information displays for public transport: effects on customers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 489-501, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang Chen & Arturo Ardila-Gomez & Gladys Frame, 2016. "Achieving Energy Savings by Intelligent Transportation Systems Investments in the Context of Smart Cities," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24740, The World Bank.
- Marina Lagune-Reutler & Andrew Guthrie & Yingling Fan & David Levinson, 2015. "Transit Ridersâ€™ Perception of Waiting Time and Stopsâ€™ Surrounding Environments," Working Papers 000142, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Kuo, Pei-Fen & Lord, Dominique, 2013. "Accounting for site-selection bias in before–after studies for continuous distributions: Characteristics and application using speed data," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 256-269.
- Fan, Yingling & Guthrie, Andrew & Levinson, David, 2016. "Waiting time perceptions at transit stops and stations: Effects of basic amenities, gender, and security," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 251-264.
- Cats, Oded & Loutos, Gerasimos, 2016. "Evaluating the added-value of online bus arrival prediction schemes," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 35-55.
- repec:eee:transa:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:111-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morfoulaki, Maria & Myrovali, Glikeria & Kotoula, Kornilia, 2015. "Increasing the attractiveness of public transport by investing in soft ICT based measures: Going from words to actions under an austerity backdrop – Thessaloniki's case, Greece," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 40-48.
- Kari Watkins & Alan Borning & G. Rutherford & Brian Ferris & Brian Gill, 2013. "Attitudes of bus operators towards real-time transit information tools," Transportation, Springer, vol. 40(5), pages 961-980, September.
- Frei, Charlotte & Mahmassani, Hani S. & Frei, Andreas, 2015. "Making time count: Traveler activity engagement on urban transit," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 58-70.
- Cats, Oded & Loutos, Gerasimos, 2013. "Real-time bus arrival information system: an empirical evaluation," Working papers in Transport Economics 2013:25, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Brakewood, Candace & Barbeau, Sean & Watkins, Kari, 2014. "An experiment evaluating the impacts of real-time transit information on bus riders in Tampa, Florida," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 409-422.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic transportation Traveler information Real-time information Wait time;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:45:y:2011:i:8:p:839-848. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .