Arbitrary initial values and random norm for explosive AR(1) processes generated by stationary errors
This article is concerned with a broad class of explosive AR(1) models. Allowing stationary dependence on the error process, we do not restrict ourselves to independent and identically distributed errors. The model accommodates, as special cases, GARCH errors, AR(1) errors and Gaussian ARMA errors. The error distribution is permitted to be non-normal. To circumvent the effect of initial values, the limit distribution of the least squares estimate using a random norm (rather than a constant norm) is derived. It is shown that the limit distribution using a random norm is free from the initial value provided the error is symmetrically distributed about zero.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hwang, S.Y. & Kim, S. & Lee, S.D. & Basawa, I.V., 2007. "Generalized least squares estimation for explosive AR(1) processes with conditionally heteroscedastic errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(13), pages 1439-1448, July.
- Hwang, S.Y. & Basawa, I.V., 2011. "Asymptotic optimal inference for multivariate branching-Markov processes via martingale estimating functions and mixed normality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(6), pages 1018-1031, July.
- S. Y. Hwang & I. V. Basawa, 2005. "Explosive Random-Coefficient AR(1) Processes and Related Asymptotics for Least-Squares Estimation," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(6), pages 807-824, November.
- Monsour, Michael J. & Mikulski, Piotr W., 1998. "On limiting distributions in explosive autoregressive processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 141-147, February.
- Jeganathan, P., 1995. "Some Aspects of Asymptotic Theory with Applications to Time Series Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(05), pages 818-887, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:127-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.